Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on nice buck.

Comment

Congrats on the bow buck, CC.... Freaky freak!

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Thank y’all!

Comment

Nice one!! Congratulations on the freak

Comment

Interesting rack. Congratulations!!

Comment

Nice bucks guys. What is the movement like right now? Our cameras have been dead for about a week and a half now so curious what y’all are seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s had that same left side two seasons in a row. The right side got better this year but left side stayed the same: Didn’t see any sign of injury anywhere when cleaning him.

Movement here = when a doe comes in, a buck comes in right behind here within 30 seconds. Boys are eating together during the morning sits but not tolerating each other while doing so. Testosterone is real high right now in the bucks

Comment

Had some luck this weekend out west. It’s been really slow for me in all my spots this yr. my main targets were no shows or got broke up early. I had started hand Corning a spot no where near any other feeders and placed a popup. With mainly doe showing I was starting to get discouraged but with the rut in full swing I thought it was only a matter of time before something showed up. I got to lease with only about an hr before feed times so I decided to go straight to hand corn spot and change in the field. I pulled cam card when I got to stand and still only 2-3 small bucks and mainly doe. So my hopes were not high as I settled in. After an hr few doe slipped in. Then they start looking behind me and I start to hear the sound no hunter ever wants to hear. A cow is feeding in right behind the blind. She makes her way to my hand corn and proceeds to help herself. Strangely the doe continue to eat at a safe distance but the cow is right in the middle of the hand corn. Then about 60yds out I see y’all tines moving in. It was a tall 8-9point and immediately knew it was a shooter. As he passed back and forth through the trees I was triaging to age him. The deer would never commit to feeding in. FINALLY the cow decided to move up some allowing the deee to fill in. By now there was 8-10 doe/fawn, one small 8 and the tall buck. Suddenly he appeared 15 yrds to the right. I still had my pin on 30yds so had planned to aim low as I didn’t have time to adjust. He was head in at 18yds but I decided to draw not knowing if he would stand still long. I turned right giving me a broadside shot and I squeezed off. Usually I video every shot I take but this time my camera was dead. I release the arrow and it disappears, he kicks and runs off, I hear some brush break. I have no idea where my shot landed. It I can see my arriving laying right where he was standing usually meaning solid hit. After trying to scare off the doe who had filtered back in I go to the shot location. I see immediate blood spray. After a short track job I find him 60yrds away. **** was low but did the job quickly. I knew he was big but his body looked small compared to most our deer. This gave me worries about rack size and age. I got loaded easy as he was only 141# live weight which is extremely light for deer in our area. I made the shaky celebration texts. I estimated low to mid 150.
                    After some official LDP(bone thing style) pics we took a tape to him. Ended up 163” even.
                    Two 160” deer in consecutive yrs. what an absolute blessing. Can’t thank everyone enough for all the help.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	102C680A-F36F-41F9-B19C-7F324FC84581.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	24669888Click image for larger version

Name:	75B69227-DEE5-4CB8-9772-D0FA36893E21.jpeg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	24669889Click image for larger version

Name:	B22293AD-E743-42E2-9297-E2EF93496C26.jpeg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	24669890
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by KactusKiller; 11-27-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Heck of a buck. He’s super impressive in person. Congrats again Jack.

Comment

Thanks Brandon again for the help with pics. I should have waited to post, it was getting late and was tired. Combination of fat fingers and auto correct got me a few times. I wish this site would allow more time to edit posts. I need to correct some words.

Comment

Congratulations!! That’s a bracket of a deer glad you got him

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Thanks Brandon again for the help with pics. I should have waited to post, it was getting late and was tired. Combination of fat fingers and auto correct got me a few times. I wish this site would allow more time to edit posts. I need to correct some words.
                            You’re welcome. I really enjoying being behind the camera for LDP’s.
                            Congrats again on the giant!

Comment

Congratulations Jack on an awesome buck! That’s going to be a beautiful mount!

Comment

That is a great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X