Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&w m&p 2.0

Anybody have one yet? Or shot one?

Not needing, just drooling over them and the options available.

Would not mind another 10mm. Already have a G29.

A 10mm is (imo) as close to a .357 you can get in semi-auto.

Thanks.

Unless I'm thinking of something else the 2.0 has been out for around 4 years now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve only seen the new 10mm version available for pre-order so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangeric View Post
        Unless I'm thinking of something else the 2.0 has been out for around 4 years now.

Correct, but the 10 is new.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
          Correct, but the 10 is new.
          Oh ok

Comment

I have shot the 9mm version in 2.0. It has a slightly better trigger than the original. In the 9mm and .40 S&W, it has slightly less perceived recoil than the Glock. I’m not sure how that translates to the new 10mm.

I at various times have owned maybe 8 MPs so I have shot them quite a bit. I carry them all patrol maybe for most of the last 15 years of my career. Before that I carried a Glock for about 8 years.

The Glock was okay but I liked just about everything better on the MP…. the grip, trigger and recoil. I went from the standard MP .40 to the 9mm Performance Center which I believe was basically made as a competition gun. The recoil management was fairly dramatic with the compensated barrel, the fact that it was 9mm and it also had a better trigger. The trigger was smoother but had almost no perceptible reset. The good thing about that was, if you move your finger about 1/10 inch, it was reset.

An officer at work then got the 9mm 2.0 so I got to play with it. It was not compensated like the PC but had the improved trigger from the original but had a very distinctive reset. Basically it had the smoothness of the PC with the reset of a Glock.

If it is like the other GLOCK versus M&P that I have carried on duty and got to shoot various models of both, my personal preference is toward the M&P.

Your mileage may vary…

Comment

I have an M&P Plus in 9mm as well as a full size in .40 caliber, both 2.0s. I just read about the 10mm a few days ago but I’m extremely interested. Like tvc184 I like Glocks, but I like M&Ps better. I’ll probably keep my G40 with the reflex sight on it, but the G20 may be traded or sold.

Comment

I used to have the 5” 9mm that I had pimped out. It was a sweet gun, I ended up trading it to another TBH’er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X