Input need, Chevy guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input need, Chevy guys

Been looking at the Chevy Trail Boss, what's yall's input, been a Ford guy for 48yrs. but looking to buy me a new one, love the Fords but just not paying $75,000 for a truck. If I decide on this will be putting my 2008 F250 4x4 Lariat crew cab on here, I bought new and only has 89,000 miles on it, V-10

God Bless
    Bish

Great truck. My youngest has one and (knock on wood) we've had zero issues. I've owned them all, except the Nissan, and the GM product is hard to beat.

Comment

It will last at least 250k. At least that my recent experience with Chevy’s

Comment

I bought the Z71 RST as opposed to the Trail Boss…didn’t like the interior options. My first Chevy and I couldn’t be happier. Talk to Jerry’s in Weatherford and talk to Tony…he’s a TBHer.

Comment

So I’m a Ford guy. Bought my first Chevy, the 2020 TB. The ride is great and enjoy driving it. However, the truck has a shutter system that sits in front of the radiator. It’s supposed to open and close automatically. Apparently it helps with cooling the motor. Something like that.

So two times I crossed large puddles of water, maybe 2.5-3 ft of water. Both times the actuator on the shutter system takes a chit, engine light comes on, and find myself at the dealership replacing the actuator and/or the shutters.

My Fords never had that shutter system, that I know of. Other than that all good.

I suppose if I can stay out of water I wouldn’t have had this happen. I enjoy the outdoors and I’m that guy, can’t have anything nice.

Safe hunting

JJ

Comment

I know a guy who just may have a few in stock if Fort Worth isn’t too far. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Bought one back in July. Very happy with it.

Comment

My bil got one in 19 and hasn't had a issue he pulls a 16 ft trailer with a concrete buggy every day no issues with the 5.3 without the cylinder shut down junk

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  So I’m a Ford guy. Bought my first Chevy, the 2020 TB. The ride is great and enjoy driving it. However, the truck has a shutter system that sits in front of the radiator. It’s supposed to open and close automatically. Apparently it helps with cooling the motor. Something like that.

So two times I crossed large puddles of water, maybe 2.5-3 ft of water. Both times the actuator on the shutter system takes a chit, engine light comes on, and find myself at the dealership replacing the actuator and/or the shutters.

My Fords never had that shutter system, that I know of. Other than that all good.

I suppose if I can stay out of water I wouldn’t have had this happen. I enjoy the outdoors and I’m that guy, can’t have anything nice.

Safe hunting

JJ

Interesting, I had mine go out on my 2017 Z71 around 60k. Hasn’t happened again and I’m at about 170k now. Trying to remember if I went through any deep-ish water when it went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are they using the same transmissions they put into the 2019? If so that was my biggest complaint. I used it as a work truck and sold it woth 65k miles. Never once towed a trailer but if the transmission made it it to 68k i would be shocked. I had to baby it to not get it to slip. If i went from reverse to drive i would have to let it roll 20 feet or so if not it would slam so hard when i hit the gas i thought the transmission fell out a time or two. Found a facebook page that many people had new transmissions installed/issues.

Comment

Vehicles are a lot like tools. Take care of them and they’ll take care of you.

Comment

I bought a 5.3 LT TB, it’s been a good truck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How much are you asking for your f250?

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                            Are they using the same transmissions they put into the 2019? If so that was my biggest complaint. I used it as a work truck and sold it woth 65k miles. Never once towed a trailer but if the transmission made it it to 68k i would be shocked. I had to baby it to not get it to slip. If i went from reverse to drive i would have to let it roll 20 feet or so if not it would slam so hard when i hit the gas i thought the transmission fell out a time or two. Found a facebook page that many people had new transmissions installed/issues.
                            I know of two guys that got them (not sure if 2019 or 2020) and both have been in and out of shop for transmission work. That would be my main concern with them.

Comment

I traded my 18' Cummins Mega cab for a 21 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 - I like it. Its a great truck and does what I need it to. It'll get up and go too.

Comment

Working...
                              X