Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s your favorite hunting projectile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
    Looking @ these
    TXRG
    165 GRS SB308XA
    These don’t research well for a .308 past 250 yard velocity
    Anyone try them ?
    I can see something like 240wm or 257 WM , or any 3000 FPS +cal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-04-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I also like the accubond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My hard cast pills loaded in different platforms from 1200 to 1800fps. No animal has ever complained the hard cast pills were too soft, too hard or too slow. Lol.

Comment

I love accubonds as well, I shoot them in my .257 Weatherby. I shot them in my old .300 Win Mag with great performance, but my new gun shoots the Federal Trophy Bonded Tip much better.

Swift A-Frame in my 375 H&H.

Comment

For a mid range bullet I really like the Speer Hot Cor, they have been accurate than the Partitions and not quite as hard to get to expand. I shoot the 160 from my 260 Rigby and they perform good to 300, past that they don't expand too well.

Comment

Like you OP I’ve used match grade ammo with good results. Shot a deer with 168 gr federal gold metal match. Had a perfect hole all the way through it like it was shot with a laser. Deer maybe went 20 yards.

I’ve been shooting barnes tsx for several years now.

Comment

Accubond by a mile.

Nothing flies like a Berger. Nothing kills like an accubond.

Comment

Two weeks ago I sorted out 250 Accubonds by wieght. Then went through each group by comparitor. Loaded up some brass. Got the old Winny shot in and ready for some doe/spike/exotic this next week on a draw hunt. Limit 5 wt, unlimited exotics. Taking several coolers with me.

Comment

Scirocco II's.

Comment

Nosler Accubond and Barnes TTSX

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Two weeks ago I sorted out 250 Accubonds by wieght. Then went through each group by comparitor. Loaded up some brass. Got the old Winny shot in and ready for some doe/spike/exotic this next week on a draw hunt. Limit 5 wt, unlimited exotics. Taking several coolers with me.
                        Mike

With the cost of beef nowadays, good success to you, AND fill those coolers

Let us know how you do

TD

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          Mike

With the cost of beef nowadays, good success to you, AND fill those coolers

Let us know how you do

TD
                          Will do, sir. Seeing how I quit eating beef and pork out of the grocery stores again, two years ago, I'm looking forward to it. I'ma back on a Wild game diet.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

My all time favorite is a BLU-109, “Penetration before Detonation”.

Comment

Federal Premium Boat Tail 165gr Sierra Game King have been perfect for me

Comment

Working...
                              X