Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Tech turns it around. I think they have been cursed since Leach was wrongly fired. Patterson had TCU always playing well. Not sure what happened to TCU last few years. I know a drug scandal went on but did they really hurt the program and recruiting or something else? I don't follow their program closely. I say this because I will root for those teams to win. Not sure the same can be said for those fans on here about the ags

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      So GP was at practice again today and Evans is hanging out in Houston.....this whole thing gets weirder and weirder lol
      I feel for the guy. It’s all he knows and he is lost without TCU football and his team. It’s November and there is nothing to do but go to his office as he has for 20 years and game plan with his buddies.

He obviously has softened his position and will probably finish the season as the head coach. College football is his life!

As for Zach Evans, I saw that the Patterson’s had responded to Twitter post stating to “go be great”. I am not sure what that is all about but that young man probably deals with a few demons other than football. It happens to a lot of them doesn’t it?

All of the fun of college football is almost gone! The internet and social media exposes the under belly that was not seen back in the good ol days!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I like Texas football. Sorry.

Why does Aggy hate EVERY team in Texas but love teams from Mississippi?

The floor is yours as well...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CajunBlake, a non SEC Honk probably explained the Mississippi schools the best on here a few years back. They pull in some big talent in the trenches and enough talent in the position to be dangerous. Both of those schools would likely be playing OU in the Big 12 championship game if they were in that conference.

Maybe CajunBlake can chime in if I misrepresented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          When or if you get to the SEC you will understand that teams like Mississippi St and Ole Miss even Arky are far more talented than murderers row of ok state, baylor, and kstate. Look at last 5 years of recruiting rankings to see the talent disparity.

Polls don't do a good job of what team is really better than another. There is bias and people want to appear smart by putting teams with weak schedules but good records high in the rankings which should not be the case. Does anyone think that Wake Forest, UTSA, Coastal Carolina, Ragin Cajuns, and Fresno State are really top 25 teams in college football?

Horn schedule
          Ragin Cajun - average team but not great, in SEC pecking order about like a South Carolina and ahead of Vanderbilt that is all

Arkansas - better than South Carolina but a bottom team in the SEC

Rice - a joke

Texas Tech - joke

TCU - down....way down and fired best coach they ever had, but about like a South Carolina

oklahoma - is a joke, they barely beat kansas, tulane, west virginia, and nebraska all bad teams. ou is going on name alone at this point.

Baylor - who have they beat that is really any good? iowa st sure but even they got beat by Iowa which we are quickly seeing is a pretender. BYU? really
          How much nfl talent is on baylor?

ok state played boise st and tulsa and almost lost those games...maybe ok state looks good because the teams in the big 12 suck

So the proof that texas schedule sucks is the big 12 is overrated. Look at their top teams and out of conference opponents. How much NFL talent on those teams? Texas out of conference the Ragin Cajuns....that is a tough team- that is like playing South Carolina this year. Arkansas they took you to the woodshed and are a bottom SEC team. Yes, they beat the Ags blah, blah but they aren't one of the top 3 toughest teams the Ags will play this season. We are discussing a 6 ranked schedule that is way overhyped by overinflated teams. Arkansas is arguably the best team yall played all year. Who knows what ou is other than they squeak out wins against inferior opponents

If Arkansas played your schedule they would be Big 12 champs...Now prove that the Ags have 51st or whatever ranked schedule and that is deserved versus texas 6th ranked - the floor is yours
          I already explained it last weak.

The sos I referred to was the oldest most trusted computer rankings. No human bias.

You basically explained your lack of knowledge on the law of averages. If you play #1 and #100 the average is 50.5. If you play number 49 and 50 the average is 49.5.

SOS is detemined by all games not just a select few. You gave us your opinion on Texas' schedule...now tell us about the Aggies non conference schedule. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-04-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Maybe a certain team can out a asterisk by their name for SOS to become bowl eligible? Surely statistics are worth something, right? Loser mentality!

Comment

SEC has 4 more teams so it's kinda even. The CFP is packed with human bias.

Yawn.

5 Texas teams in the AP.

Tx is a bigger state than most, so that is definetly irrelevant. Try again.

Comment

The sos I referred to was the oldest most trusted computer rankings. No human bias.

You basically explained your lack of knowledge on the law of averages. If you play #1 and #100 the average is 50.5. If you play number 49 and 50 the average is 49.5.

SOS is detemined by all games not just a select few. You gave us your opinion on Texas' schedule...now tell us about the Aggies non conference schedule. Lol.

Y’all can’t beat the ****** teams so you can throw the sag out the window. Does it take into consideration “quality wins”?

Comment

Pole monkeys to CFP rankings to recruiting bags to Sagarin ratings...we've been all over the place this week!

Auburn still controls their fate in the SEC and national scene. They could certainly be the first two loss team to make the playoff.

Ags have a chance to make a statement this week. Nix tends to elevate his game and make spectacular plays against the Ags. Hopefully they can keep some pressure on him and force him into a mistake - which is is also prone to do at times.

Should be another great atmosphere at Kyle Field this weekend, and a chance to keep the recruiting momentum going.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Does the law of averages argument hold water when a team changes each weak in the season? Maybe unranked to start the season then run the table and creep into top ten. Week 1 team not the same as week 10 team.

Just a thought.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
                      Maybe a certain team can out a asterisk by their name for SOS to become bowl eligible? Surely statistics are worth something, right? Loser mentality!
                      Weak.

I was just referring to the conference talk crap.

Texas isn't good right now. We know that.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Tx is a bigger state than most, so that is definetly irrelevant. Try again.
                        Try again to what?

Comment

Why not?.....Y'all have been doing using statistics for the last 80+ years.. I mean you added two fake national championships 70-80 years later to your wall because of them, no?...
                          Last edited by Smart; 11-04-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Time will tell if he'll be a factor on defense for Texas, but.. Jeff "spank my monkey" Banks landed a solid commitment/place holder this morning from Safety Jamel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Why not?.....Y'all have been doing using statistics for the last 80+ years.. I mean you added two fake national championships 70-80 years later to your wall because of them, no?...
                              Little brother to the rescue. So we're in agreement that the horns are top 10 and bowl eligible?

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 10

Little brother to the rescue. So we're in agreement that the horns are top 10 and bowl eligible?

Little brother? You’re new here. You should prob sit this one out. Is 94 your birth year?

And no I don’t read any of that garbage but I’m just laughing at the aggie badmouthing stats when that’s been the basis of your being the last 80 years …

Comment

Working...
                                X