No announcement yet.

Best circular saw/drill combo cordless tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for a heavy civil construction firm, and we have tried them all.

Milwaukee is by far the most durable cordless tools currently available. The guys are very hard on their tools and the Milwaukees hold up better than all of the rest.

I currently have DeWalt that I use around the house, but I will definitely be buying Milwaukee when its time to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      I am a "homeowner", but use my tools a lot.
      Lots of Milwaukee votes!
      I have Makita, and they have been great tools. I have 2 install crews using them, as well and they have held up pretty well against those idiots. If I had to re-buy all at once, I'd go with Milwaukee Fuel, or Porter Cable.

Comment

I had Rigid stuff for a long time and while strong, they were heavy as hell, and Home Depot quit honoring battery warranties pretty **** quick. That battery warranty aint worth much.

Comment

Here's the DeWalt brand adapter...

If you go to Amazon and do a 18 volt 20 volt adapter... You'll get lots of choices that include new batteries, adapter and charger...

Comment

Dewalt. I have been using Dewalt at home and work for over 20 years. When the 18 volt stuff wore out I switched to the 20 volts. Ended up buying an 18 to 20 volt adapter for my old tools that were still going.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Here's the DeWalt brand adapter...

If you go to Amazon and do a 18 volt 20 volt adapter... You'll get lots of choices that include new batteries, adapter and charger...
              I actually ordered the adapter, charger & 2 battery set yesterday. $138, shipped.

Comment

I bought a recip saw piecemeal off of eBay a while back that uses 18 volt batteries, as well. That saw and the circular saw are in very good shape, still. The drill has gotten the most use and actually has a crack in the housing. Still runs like a champ, though.

Comment

The reason I started with DeWalt and have stuck with them is their drills have the best chuck in the business and can be operated without a wrench and open/closed one handed... I think others have that feature now, but DeWalt was the first to do that and I've never had a reason to change...

Comment

The 20-something year old drill driver finally quit spinning.
                    I replaced it with the Dewalt DCD998.
                    Comes with soft bag, one 8ah battery & charger and a detachable side handle.
                    The circular saw is still in good condition.

Comment

The DeWalt drill chucks suck. Read in reviews and should have listened. Ticks me off every time it slips and have to re-tighten

Comment

I like certain tools of each better but across the board
                        1. Milwaukee
                        2. Dewalt
                        3. Makita

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          The 20-something year old drill driver finally quit spinning.
                          I replaced it with the Dewalt DCD998.
                          Comes with soft bag, one 8ah battery & charger and a detachable side handle.
                          The circular saw is still in good condition.
                          Good question OP, and a timely one for me since I need to replace some tools. Thanks to those who posted this good info.

Comment

Makita and Milwaukee are the best. All the major brands these days are good but these 2 are the last longer under hard use. You should not have to replace batteries every 3 or 4 years either. I use to think Dewalt was the leader but they just dont last like they use to. Where I work we use battery tools daily so I get to see how long they survive on a job site where they are used hard and we buy all Milwaukee because of the price, if price was no issue we would buy Makita. My personal set is Makita. I have batteries that are 7 years old that hold a charge like they are new.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              Makita
                              Mever had Milwaukee but had bad luck with dewalt. Nothing but good things to say about makita

Comment

Originally posted by Dchilds View Post
                                People scoff at them but the Ryobi “eco system” has my bid. I’ve owned some of their 18v stuff for 8 or so years and use them regularly. I’ve burned up two drills (only two failures I’ve had) with really heavy use but I can buy two for the price of the Milwaukee/DeWalts. That’s two people working rather than one. I believe they share a lot of the same technology with the higher priced brands. I have drills, impacts (3/8” and 1/2”), a grinder, sawzall, stick vac, flood light, circular saw, drain auger, pole saws...the list goes on. And the price just can’t be beat. I probably have 10 batteries so now I just buy the “tool only”. Half the fun of Home Depot runs is just seeing what new Ryobi tools are sitting on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I second ryobi. What I like is with the old and new batteries and tools, they keep the same style. The rest change the way their batteries connect which makes either the battery or tool obsolete. Plus ryobi makes tons of different tools or attachments that all run on the same battery. I love mine for the money.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X