Venice Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    Mexican Gulf seems to be the recommended offshore charter via TBH. Any others anyone would recommend? Anyone fished with Intensity Offshore, Captain Josh Bodenheimer? Thanks in advance!
    Capt Heavy with Voodoo is awesome. Can't go wrong with Capt. Peace either. Both captains have stayed out late with us coming back in at dark to put us on fish. Hardest working ones out there imo. Consistent meat hauls with them.

Justin Fayard runs his own company now and is also a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      Another lunch bump. Trying to do my due diligence to get the best trip possible. Aiming for 2 days offshore, 1 day inshore, and 1 night bowfishing
      That’s the trip we do minus the inshore. You’ll be wore out by the time you get back.

Comment

Perfect timing as I want to bring an older family friend from the westbank of NOLA on a trip he will never forget.......lodging, food, classy boat, the whole nine yards! Something he will NEVER forget for reds and spec's.

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
        Wells and Beach have been out there for over 20 years. They will put you on the fish. I’ve been with Beach several times and always had good trips.
        Thx homeboy! I will look him up today or tomorrow.
        Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        For inshore...Paradise Plus Guide Service. No need to shop around. I think I have been out with them maybe 8 times and have always had awesome trips. Actually have another trip booked for June with the wife and kids. Ask for Anthony and tell him I sent you. Better book now as they stay VERY busy. Really nice lodge, great cook, ect. You can probably even stay at his lodge while you chase tuna.
        I will look into them Chance, Thanks!
        Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
        Capt Heavy with Voodoo is awesome. Can't go wrong with Capt. Peace either. Both captains have stayed out late with us coming back in at dark to put us on fish. Hardest working ones out there imo. Consistent meat hauls with them.

Justin Fayard runs his own company now and is also a winner.
        This will be looked into also as VOODOO is always intriguing to me.......lol!

Comment

Anyone ever caught wahoo on their trip?

Comment

Winter time is wahoo time there

Comment

Fish On

Leaving early offshore YF tuna chase, Wednesday 9/27 out of Venice

For others that mentioned going same week, send PM's with fishing updates or info requests

Good luck to all

TD
              Last edited by TD2000; 09-19-2021, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                  Fish On

Leaving early offshore YF tuna chase, Wednesday 9/27 out of Venice

For others that mentioned going same week, send PM's with fishing updates or info requests

Good luck to all

TD
                  If fishing the 27th better get there Monday…

Good luck, looking forward to some good pictures of big YFTs.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                    If fishing the 27th better get there Monday…

Good luck, looking forward to some good pictures of big YFTs.
                    Good catch

22nd

Fat fingers on keys

Comment

Me,and a buddy are down here now;per Chance Love's recommendation.Paradise Plus.Today will be our first of two days fishing inshore.If the fishing is anything close to the quality of dinner last night,should be fantastic!!
                      Touch base here in a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        Me,and a buddy are down here now;per Chance Love's recommendation.Paradise Plus.Today will be our first of two days fishing inshore.If the fishing is anything close to the quality of dinner last night,should be fantastic!!
                        We will be checking in tomorrow for 3 day stay

Look forward to meeting you and talking fishing

Sounds like I need to bring stretch waistline pants for the meals

Good fishing to ya today and tomorrow

TD

Comment

Cool!! Glad they’re back up and running! I’ll be back down there next summer!

Comment

Well I was about to ask if they had power post Ida. Guess that area is good to go.

OP,

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Well I was about to ask if they had power post Ida. Guess that area is good to go.

OP,

Best of luck.
                              Power on last week, lodge open, captains ready to fish

North winds may nock down seas so we can haul _ _ _ to fishing grounds

Comment

We went offshore with MGFC on 7/31 w Capt Chad R. We had an amazing trip and seems like we did better than the other boats that day. We caught close to 500 pounds of yellowfin plus a handful of Mahi and some other random small fish. We didn't weight them but they said the tuna were in the 60ish pound range and we brought in 8 of them. We had 3 kids and 3 adults and for us it was a trip of a lifetime. Everyone on the boat caught the biggest fish we have ever caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X