post Hurricane Ida pictures from Port Fourchon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Kinda like the analogy when an F5 tornado destroys everything in it's path, and a 10' x 10' wooden chicken coup is still standing with no visible damages. That's my best guess as sometimes things can't be explained.
    I saw thousands of examples of this here last year. My cousin and I built a 5X5 plywood smoker next to my uncle's shop. His shop was stick built, wooden walls, shingled roof, vinyl siding. The whole thing came down, the roof was sitting on the ground. The lil smoker only lost the door but was still standing. Crazy. A whole liquor store was blown away yet there sat all the bottles standing neatly on the shelves with no store around it anymore while just down the road an entire train was blown over on it's side and off the tracks.

Comment

God bless those people.

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
        Ida was a dud. All hype as per usual.
        Hey Num Nutz, tell that to Grand Isle landowners or to my coworkers that went thru Ida on the drillship.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Looks like the Venice Marina did pretty well considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Glad to see they came through in better shape! Hopefully they can get cleaned up and power restored and get back to fishing soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            I saw thousands of examples of this here last year. My cousin and I built a 5X5 plywood smoker next to my uncle's shop. His shop was stick built, wooden walls, shingled roof, vinyl siding. The whole thing came down, the roof was sitting on the ground. The lil smoker only lost the door but was still standing. Crazy. A whole liquor store was blown away yet there sat all the bottles standing neatly on the shelves with no store around it anymore while just down the road an entire train was blown over on it's side and off the tracks.
            The market basket in Dequincy after Laura, roof was ripped off and the entire front window area was gone. All the shelves full of products looked untouched.

Comment

Any updates on the Barataria area

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
                The market basket in Dequincy after Laura, roof was ripped off and the entire front window area was gone. All the shelves full of products looked untouched.
                That just reminded me of a sight I saw at the Market Basket in Moss Bluff, which is still closed by the way, they had taken all their Ice Cream out and made a pile in the parking lot. It was a huge pile of Ice cream and I thought to myself, man, that's the first mountain of Ice Cream I ever saw. It quickly turned into a puddle under all the cartons.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                  Any updates on the Barataria area
                  I'm trying to find info on that area Mr Tom... will post when I do

here's a video from Golden Meadow during the hurricane
                  [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYrtr19RQlc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYrtr19RQlc[/ame]

Comment

Prayers for all those involved and to the thousands of relief and volunteer workers. It’s gonna be a long road to recovery for some.

Comment

amazing close up pictures from Hurricane Ida imagery of areas affected

zoom IN and navigate areas of interest or where you fish/hunt or have a camp

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/i....6296/-90.1291

Comment

Humbling video on strength of storm Blake

Got a thumbs up from our friends in Barataria after storm but no updates since as I am sure they are busy helping all in area

Thanks for all your updates

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          Thanks for all your updates
                          click on that link above to navigate the area of your friends

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Glad to see they came through in better shape! Hopefully they can get cleaned up and power restored and get back to fishing soon.
                            We have a tuna trip booked 23-24 and so far nothing has cancelled. Day to day watching and waiting for us

Comment

I'm in the Metairie area, and it seems we only got about 3" of rain. Looks like the major damage ended in Kenner. We lucked out.

Comment

The imagery is something else. Some how our camper in Dularge made it through, but Jugs/ Falgout Canal Marina and others not so lucky. Lots of damage to Dulac, including all of our bowfishing friends camps.

My buddies camp in grand isle just before the bridge to main island made it through, but most around did not. He told me a lot of the camps standing like his were built by the same builder and also after insurance made a lot more requirements.

Going to be a lot of work to get back to how it was, but lots of help on its way to those areas. Everyone in Lafayette is buying up supplies to send down there and I know lots of people heading down to help clean up. I'll be making a run to Hammond area tomorrow or Friday to help. If anyone needs any thing in that area please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X