Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 02-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #151
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

Does anyone have one of the new Rattlers yet?
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #152
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
And this is exactly why I turn people away from cheap digital NV

Great for once shot in a stand. Thats about it
Agreed that is is less than optimal but the fact of the matter is if you don't have thermal money then you don't have thermal money. A lot of people have had a lot of fun with digital nightvision and I would take it over staying at the house any day.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #153
GregO
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
Hog my BIL shot a while back with his Wraith. We laugh when we see the video because after the shot it looks like the hog dissapeared lol. We found the hog about 50 yards away.

https://youtu.be/GaKlS8CCgG8
Try moving the IR Illuminator. I had the same issues with my Wraith at first, whiteout on the shot was bad. The IR was mounted on top of the scope. I've moved the illuminator to below the barrel, close to muzzle, no more issues. My NV videos are much better. Also, I hardly ever use my original Wrath (4x), I have a new 2X Wraith and the added field of view helps.
GregO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 02:35 PM   #154
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregO View Post
Try moving the IR Illuminator. I had the same issues with my Wraith at first, whiteout on the shot was bad. The IR was mounted on top of the scope. I've moved the illuminator to below the barrel, close to muzzle, no more issues. My NV videos are much better. Also, I hardly ever use my original Wrath (4x), I have a new 2X Wraith and the added field of view helps.
Great point. I have read that several places but we have not tried it yet. We hunt in dense cedar country so it is usually 1 shot anyway but it will be better video for sure. The 2x would be a lot more usable for our hunting but it wasnt availible when my BIL bought his Wraith a couple years back.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #155
Lip
Ten Point

Default The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 03:17 PM   #156
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Great point. I have read that several places but we have not tried it yet. We hunt in dense cedar country so it is usually 1 shot anyway but it will be better video for sure. The 2x would be a lot more usable for our hunting but it wasnt availible when my BIL bought his Wraith a couple years back.
Valid point!

Gotta find a way lol. Thermal can be had for $3k or so now

And I promise I make way less then people with digital NV
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #157
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
x2

Move the IR under the gun and start watching them fall in your scope.

https://youtu.be/RoG8cqJF0tM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 03:35 PM   #158
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Valid point!

Gotta find a way lol. Thermal can be had for $3k or so now

And I promise I make way less then people with digital NV
Agreed that thermal is the way to go for sure and it is super cool that there are more quality options at lower prices.

I understand there are a bunch of guys that upgrade from digital to thermal and then lower end thermal to higher end thermal. However there is an opposite (however not equal in numbers) end of that where folks are selling their digital, lower end thermal and even higher end thermals because they didnt use it as much as they originally intended.

I say all of this to say that I would not discourage a person from buying digital nightvision. If your budget is 1k or less then there is nothing wrong with the Wraith IMO.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #159
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
Agreed that is is less than optimal but the fact of the matter is if you don't have thermal money then you don't have thermal money. A lot of people have had a lot of fun with digital nightvision and I would take it over staying at the house any day.
He seems to miss this point regularly. We all know thermal is better, but why bash on digital NV that gets people night hunting?
Old 02-22-2021, 03:59 PM   #160
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
He seems to miss this point regularly. We all know thermal is better, but why bash on digital NV that gets people night hunting?
I would argue that I have had more fun with my old digisights than I have had with my Thermion XP50. Back then we were just messing around and having fun while not spending a bunch of money. With that said my XP50 isnt going anywhere lol.

I think that more hogs will be shot this year in the US with digital nightvision than thermal because there are an exponential more amount of digital scopes out there than thermals. Yes the 100 hogs down youtube videos are all thermal and the majority of videos you see slaughtering hogs are all thermal. What no one sees is the tens of thousands of folks out there that shoot 2-10 hogs a year with their digital nightvision scopes that don't make it to youtube.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:07 AM   #161
duckmanep
Pope & Young

I am beginning to think Pulsar is just some huge ponzi scheme. Announce a new model... take tons of backorders for it, then never produce enough to fill those backorders. But instead, announce a new model and take tons of backorders for the newer model and have people switch their original backorder to the newer model.

Name:  T2.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  78.8 KB
Old 02-23-2021, 09:49 AM   #162
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
I am beginning to think Pulsar is just some huge ponzi scheme. Announce a new model... take tons of backorders for it, then never produce enough to fill those backorders. But instead, announce a new model and take tons of backorders for the newer model and have people switch their original backorder to the newer model.

Attachment 1041454

Itís the curse of electronic gadgets. New tech every six months

Iím happy with my Trail XQ50 and hope to find it a running buddy once I get caught up on some things. Till then Iím killing hogs just as easily as a Nvision or trijicon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #163
imyomama
Ten Point

my trijicon reap-ir is a few years old and still competes with everything else out there and then some .. i won't be upgrading any time soon , now that 1080p thermal is out , that will probably be next, when the price goes down ... till then i'm totally satisfied with my good ol reap-ir
imyomama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #164
imyomama
Ten Point

still working out the external DVR business and not being able to edit the video on my mac without losing audio .. this was direct upload to youtube and video didn't lose audio , but got compressed some.. original was better and viewfinder blows them both away
Old 02-23-2021, 12:35 PM   #165
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
my trijicon reap-ir is a few years old and still competes with everything else out there and then some .. i won't be upgrading any time soon , now that 1080p thermal is out , that will probably be next, when the price goes down ... till then i'm totally satisfied with my good ol reap-ir
Amen on that! Can't beat it, yet
Old 02-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #166
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Amen on that! Can't beat it, yet
you know one of the main thing about it for me is the nuk , friend of mine invited me once and he has a couple of puslar , it auto nuk's and i hate it .. we'd be starting our countdown and the **** thing nuk's right in the middle of the action.. frankly with my reap i rarely nuk it at all ... some people say when you first turn it on they have to do it a few times , but i never have to do it more than once ..

sure would be nice if someone came up with a button on the side .. the reap you have to close the cover, it sure would be nice to have a scope where you just push a button once in a while .... that way you don't have to fiddle with going through a menu or anything ... i got used to the reap and the joystick , that's pretty easy , but you still got to close the cap ... be nice if it had an internal shutter ...

that's all
Old 02-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #167
GregO
Eight Point

Quote:
you know one of the main thing about it for me is the nuk , friend of mine invited me once and he has a couple of puslar , it auto nuk's and i hate it .. we'd be starting our countdown and the **** thing nuk's right in the middle of the action.. frankly with my reap i rarely nuk it at all ... some people say when you first turn it on they have to do it a few times , but i never have to do it more than once ..

sure would be nice if someone came up with a button on the side .. the reap you have to close the cover, it sure would be nice to have a scope where you just push a button once in a while .... that way you don't have to fiddle with going through a menu or anything ... i got used to the reap and the joystick , that's pretty easy , but you still got to close the cap ... be nice if it had an internal shutter ...

that's all
Not sure about all Pulsars, but the Thermions have that covered. I see way too many videos were the calibration (NUK) is set to "Auto". It happens every time, the calibration happens right in the middle of the action. Simple solution, just change the calibration to "Semi-auto" (SA). Then whenever you want just tap the power button and it calibrates. Everyone that has a Thermion or other Pulsar scope, go change this setting now. (if you have that option) oh, and no need to close the lens cap when using semi-auto calibration mode. (you do on full manual, but no idea why you would use that mode.

Last edited by GregO; 02-23-2021 at 03:38 PM.
GregO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #168
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not sure about all Pulsars, but the Thermions have that covered. I see way too many videos were the calibration (NUK) is set to "Auto". It happens every time, the calibration happens right in the middle of the action. Simple solution, just change the calibration to "Semi-auto" (SA). Then whenever you want just tap the power button and it calibrates. Everyone that has a Thermion or other Pulsar scope, go change this setting now. (if you have that option)
yes you can do auto or semi auto
Old 02-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #169
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Both my Trail and Axiom are set too semi-auto nuk, mainly for the reasons stated above but also seems to stretch the battery life on the axiom.

Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #170
imyomama
Ten Point

i've ran my reap-ir for as long as 30 minutes without needing a nuk .. but yes it would be nice if it had an internal shutter ... but i'm sure it would drain power ... not that i care, i run an external 5k batt .
Old 02-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #171
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

I have never had a thermal but am planning on getting one before long. What are you talking about with the "NUK"?
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #172
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
I have never had a thermal but am planning on getting one before long. What are you talking about with the "NUK"?
Over time, the image on the screen degrades and there is a process where the screen is "nuked" which refreshes the image. With Pulsar, you can set your scope to do it automatically, you can do semi-auto which requires you to push a button, or you can do it manual which requires you to close the cap and push a button. If your scope is on auto, it tends to want to do the auto nuke right after you've moved your scope i.e. as you are acquiring or shooting at a target. While nuking, the screen is frozen for a second or two. I believe some scopes only have manual nuke.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #173
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
Both my Trail and Axiom are set too semi-auto nuk, mainly for the reasons stated above but also seems to stretch the battery life on the axiom.

I think that it helps with battery life as well. I keep mine on semi auto so it doesnt nuc in the middle of a shot sequence.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #174
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
Over time, the image on the screen degrades and there is a process where the screen is "nuked" which refreshes the image. With Pulsar, you can set your scope to do it automatically, you can do semi-auto which requires you to push a button, or you can do it manual which requires you to close the cap and push a button. If your scope is on auto, it tends to want to do the auto nuke right after you've moved your scope i.e. as you are acquiring or shooting at a target. While nuking, the screen is frozen for a second or two. I believe some scopes only have manual nuke.
Oh I understand now. I hunted with an outfitter and used one for the weekend. Itís like the screen is refreshing. I did not know it was called ďnukĒ. His must have been on auto.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:13 PM   #175
rossivey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin Co.

Quote:

Attachment 1041454
Saw that earlier. Just got my Thermion in yesterday. But the only difference I saw was the lens. Going to a 1.0 from a 1.2. Mine was on order from July so Iím happy with it. Donít want to wait another 6 months.
rossivey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #176
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
Oh I understand now. I hunted with an outfitter and used one for the weekend. Itís like the screen is refreshing. I did not know it was called ďnukĒ. His must have been on auto.
Thatís exactly what it is. I hunt quite a bit. Iíve used mostly Pulsars and Trijicons, and I can assure you the auto nuk of the Pulsar isnít an issue. I much prefer itís adjustability (auto, semi, manual) to the only manual of Trijicon. That said both optics have their pros and cons, and the Trijicon has a superior image.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 08:07 AM   #177
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Thatís exactly what it is. I hunt quite a bit. Iíve used mostly Pulsars and Trijicons, and I can assure you the auto nuk of the Pulsar isnít an issue. I much prefer itís adjustability (auto, semi, manual) to the only manual of Trijicon. That said both optics have their pros and cons, and the Trijicon has a superior image.
totally disagree , I only used the pulsar once , didn't know how to disable auto nuk since it was a loaner from a friend and it was totally annoying. how much do you enjoy watching an amazon prime movie when the picture freezes every so often and buffers ... now imagine trying to take a shot while this is happening.... auto nuk sucks ! i don't care what anybody says.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #178
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Quote:
totally disagree , I only used the pulsar once , didn't know how to disable auto nuk since it was a loaner from a friend and it was totally annoying. how much do you enjoy watching an amazon prime movie when the picture freezes every so often and buffers ... now imagine trying to take a shot while this is happening.... auto nuk sucks ! i don't care what anybody says.
The one I used it did not bother me to much. We were varmint hunting and wound up killing a few coyotes and a cat. It only did it every so often but was gone in a second. Did not hinder any of my shots.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #179
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
Saw that earlier. Just got my Thermion in yesterday. But the only difference I saw was the lens. Going to a 1.0 from a 1.2. Mine was on order from July so Iím happy with it. Donít want to wait another 6 months.
I think the 2 series in the Thermion is going to be similar to the 2 series in other lines like the trail and accolade. In addition to the lense it gets a better MK rating for the sensor. In theory it will be able to differentiate heat differences better. If I am not mistaken the late night vision show guys said that it is slightly better but not enough to sell your current scope. I am however interested to see if the lense makes a difference.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #180
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
I think the 2 series in the Thermion is going to be similar to the 2 series in other lines like the trail and accolade. In addition to the lense it gets a better MK rating for the sensor. In theory it will be able to differentiate heat differences better. If I am not mistaken the late night vision show guys said that it is slightly better but not enough to sell your current scope. I am however interested to see if the lense makes a difference.
lense always make a difference , the bigger the germanium lens the better the performance , and higher the cost as well ... given the sensor and image processor is the same. that's why the cheaper scopes have what looks like a 40mm objective but a tiny lens .. with that said the image processor improvements made lately greatly make hunting scopes better .. they are more tuned for hunting than previous generic "thermal metering" they used to use. trade off is field of view and magnification ... that massive lens will have more magnification and long range performance , but if all you do is sneak up within 100 yards and open up on a 30rd mag , the smaller lens scope do just fine.

there are plenty of older scopes with crappy sensors by today's standards that can reach way out there due to their 50 to 75 mm lenses.. they also used to cost $7k ..

I wish manufacturers or after market guys would offer upgrades on older scope with giant lenses .. that's where the money was at .. just look at germanium lenses on ebay .. big ones are expensive !
Old 02-24-2021, 08:39 AM   #181
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
lense always make a difference , the bigger the germanium lens the better the performance , and higher the cost as well ... given the sensor and image processor is the same. that's why the cheaper scopes have what looks like a 40mm objective but a tiny lens .. with that said the image processor improvements made lately greatly make hunting scopes better .. they are more tuned for hunting than previous generic "thermal metering" they used to use. trade off is field of view and magnification ... that massive lens will have more magnification and long range performance , but if all you do is sneak up within 100 yards and open up on a 30rd mag , the smaller lens scope do just fine.

there are plenty of older scopes with crappy sensors by today's standards that can reach way out there due to their 50 to 75 mm lenses.. they also used to cost $7k ..

I wish manufacturers or after market guys would offer upgrades on older scope with giant lenses .. that's where the money was at .. just look at germanium lenses on ebay .. big ones are expensive !
same reason you won't find a $2k thermal scope with a 50mm lens ... won't happen $$$$$
Old 02-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #182
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
Itís not the optics fault you canít figure out how to disable it.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #183
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:

Agreed that the lense makes a big difference which is why the Halo/Trijicno make a better picture than the XG 50 which has the exact same processor but does not make as good of a picture. Super interested to hear if the new lense makes a big difference, I hope it does but you never know. From my understanding it is not just the objective size but the quality of the germanium lense however as you mentioned both influence price. There are also small objective lense optics out there like the NOX 18mm that some folks have said has one of the best if not the best image quality on the market. Lastly there are other factors that come into play with magnification other than just objective lense size. The Pulsar line has a range from 2x-5.5x in their 50mm objective lense.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #184
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
I am with you on auto nuc as is seems to nuc at the most inconvienent time. However I do think there is a place for the auto nuc although I keep mine in semi auto. I will admit that I find myself not refreshing it enough. If I am hunting with a person that is inexperienced in thermal hunting I will keep it on auto because everything at the beginning is very intimidating and you dont want to put to much on them which might confuse them.

Lastly the Pulsars are pretty easy to change nuc modes, you just have to find it in the menu.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #185
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
are you really going to troll every post i make ? it's getting silly .. maybe next time one of your friend invites you to go hunting and hand you an optic , you can just stay in the truck and read the manual while everyone else is out shooting and having fun ...
Old 02-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #186
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:

This is not entirely true! Look at the XG. That is why the price point is lower then its superior partners of the REAP/NVSION.

Get what you pay for
Old 02-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #187
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
This is not entirely true! Look at the XG. That is why the price point is lower then its superior partners of the REAP/NVSION.

Get what you pay for
hum, ok i guess china has nothing to do with this price equation ..
not that i'm knocking chinese crap .. i just ordered an AGM mono for scanning .. the 60mm reap is sick though! but i won't upgrade to it , i prefer the field of view .
Old 02-24-2021, 11:08 AM   #188
ZachW
Four Point

Hunt In: Lindale

I'm waiting for an AGM Rattler TS25 on backorder with Outdoor Legacy. I'm really excited to get it and take it hunting, we will now have 2 thermals to run while hunting with my buddy. I will let yall know what I think about it when I get it in.
ZachW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #189
jofus
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofus View Post
Bad look for the Rico mk1:

There is a building lag time between what youíre seeing on the screen vs what youíre actually pointing at. Sounds like it may be a rare issue, but he said iRay told him itís 2%, and 1/50 isnít good odds.

Go to 12:50 for his display lag test.

https://youtu.be/HcMr2cV_WDU

He says in a different video that he has mailed the unit to iRay so they can update the firmware or replace it.

iRay ended up providing an explanation in the comments of this video. The recording plays slightly faster than real time, which makes it looks like the phone recording and display is getting delayed.

jofus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #190
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly this. Auto nuke sucks period. Cost me at least 1 coyote last tournament I hunted right about the time he stopped and I lined up to kill him it nuked. By time it it came back on he was moving and he wasn't stopping a second time. After that stand I played with it and turned on semi auto. No issues rest of the night. Has done the same thing pig hunting as well.
Quote:
Go read your first post you claim auto nuk is not a problem at all. That is false. The semi auto function is awesome though.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #191
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Been following this gentlemans youtube videos. Not sure what to think on it. His test was pretty interesting but I would say that it was not 100% scientific lol. But the reply about the recording being faster than what is shown in real time is concerning to me however I know nothing about electronics/programming/recording. All in all I dont know what to think other than I think it is more plausible that this guys gun might not be zero'd as good as he thinks it is which is causing the missed or misplaced shots.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #192
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:
Been following this gentlemans youtube videos. Not sure what to think on it. His test was pretty interesting but I would say that it was not 100% scientific lol. But the reply about the recording being faster than what is shown in real time is concerning to me however I know nothing about electronics/programming/recording. All in all I dont know what to think other than I think it is more plausible that this guys gun might not be zero'd as good as he thinks it is which is causing the missed or misplaced shots.
Missing a link?

westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #193
Anon
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexducks View Post
Missing a link?

I think he is talking about this guy

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeNmi...UAU2elA/videos
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 12:37 PM   #194
Anon
Spike

Quote:
Yes, interesting that iray said nothing about all his missed shots. The scope has been out in Europe for a while correct? So any lag issue should have been known about/fixed already...He seems like a competent shooter tho who would know how to zero a thermal, having had several in the past...
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #195
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
Go read your first post you claim auto nuk is not a problem at all. That is false. The semi auto function is awesome though
Saying itís not a problem at all is a little over the top. Very rarely is at an issue is correct though. Iíve never had it interfere with my shot, but I have had it interfere twice after the shot when I was trying to watch the hog go down in case a follow up was needed. I can see where it would be frustrating if lost an opportunity. As I said Iíd prefer the option to choose which setting Iíd like over the manual only setting though.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #196
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Missing a link?

Apologies, this was in response to Jofus' post containing the IRAY response.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:15 PM   #197
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Yes, interesting that iray said nothing about all his missed shots. The scope has been out in Europe for a while correct? So any lag issue should have been known about/fixed already...He seems like a competent shooter tho who would know how to zero a thermal, having had several in the past...
Not sure if the scope has been released in other markets or not. He does seem like a competant shooter and I will admit it does look like he is dead on the animal when the trigger is pulled on some of those hogs that he missed. I just dont know who to give the benifit of the doubt to because I do not know this gentleman and I don't know anything about Iray other than what I have seen has looked impressive and they are saying all the right things.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #198
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Exactly this. Auto nuke sucks period. Cost me at least 1 coyote last tournament I hunted right about the time he stopped and I lined up to kill him it nuked. By time it it came back on he was moving and he wasn't stopping a second time. After that stand I played with it and turned on semi auto. No issues rest of the night. Has done the same thing pig hunting as well. Go read your first post you claim auto nuk is not a problem at all. That is false. The semi auto function is awesome though.

agreed! and thank you .. if auto nuk is not a problem for you, you just don't hunt enough ... like i said i used that pulsar once , and was wishing i had my trijicon.

on a good side note , i just received my tracking number for my AGM Taipan 15 , it's gonna get helmet mounted and i hope i can disable the nuk when i'm riding the bike ... a 2 second freeze could end up putting me in a tree at 40MPH. if i can't i'll just go slow ...
Old 02-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #199
jofus
Nubbin' Buck

Default The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

I tend to think iRayís explanation is accurate. If there were a lag in the display I think Iíd notice it in real-time.

Just like playing a video game on a high latency tv, the difference in input response between a 15ms lag and 64ms lag is noticeable.

The Rico Mk1 is available in Asia and Europe under the name RH50. The mk1ís sku number is RH50 on the iRay USA website.
jofus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #200
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofus View Post
I tend to think iRayís explanation is accurate. If there were a lag in the display I think Iíd notice it in real-time.

Just like playing a video game on a high latency tv, the difference in input response between a 15ms lag and 64ms lag is noticeable.

The Rico Mk1 is available in Asia and Europe under the name RH50. The mk1ís sku number is RH50 on the iRay USA website.
I wish that the gentleman that made this video would have ended his first video showing that his gun was 100% dead on. I think his claim would be more substantiaed if he was shooting at the hand warmers like he did at the beginning of the video and the cross hairs had not been moved in several seconds, the trigger is pulled and if it is dead on then I would be more inclined to give him teh benifit of the doubt that there is a lag issue.