Restaurant rec‘s in Corpus Christi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant rec‘s in Corpus Christi

My husband is heading to Corpus Christi for some gulf coast fishing. Any restaurant recommendations to be shared from the Green Screen?

Scuttlebutts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Niko’s or Blackbeard’s in Portland.

Comment

Bluff landing if they have reopened

Comment

Kiko's. Buddy took me there when we visited.. darn good Mexican. Been a couple years

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Paradise key in rockport is always a favorite

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Paradise key in rockport is always a favorite
              This, and Mickey's Bar and grill in Arkansas pass.

Railroad seafood in Corpus.

Comment

Docs on the ICW to have some food and beer while watching the boats on the water.

Comment

in corpus nikos for steak, railroad seafood for fried seafood, and water street for grilled or non fried seafood.

Port A has a ton of good restaurants and only place in rockport is paradise key

Comment

If he's never been to King's Inn make the hour or so drive. I second Scuttlebutt's but my last trip was below par service. They have an outstanding atmosphere and happy hour with half price sushi rolls and boiled shrimp.

Comment

Scuttlebutts-food is good and happy hour is great(sushi too) down side is spotty service
                      Black diamond in flour bluff-food is good and service is pretty good
                      Castaways- port A was pretty good food and great service.
                      I live out on the island and really enjoy Island Time, or rock n rolls sushi. The steak and scallops on salt block at island time is legit and their specials are always good. Romeo runs a solid restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                        Scuttlebutts-food is good and happy hour is great(sushi too) down side is spotty service
                        Black diamond in flour bluff-food is good and service is pretty good
                        Castaways- port A was pretty good food and great service.
                        I live out on the island and really enjoy Island Time, or rock n rolls sushi. The steak and scallops on salt block at island time is legit and their specials are always good. Romeo runs a solid restaurant.
                        My son lives on the island. I'm trying to think of the restaurant on the right going in past the light. In the strip center very good seafood.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                          Kiko's. Buddy took me there when we visited.. darn good Mexican. Been a couple years

We were in Corpus 2 months ago and ate at KIKO`s 2 times it was so good.

Comment

Scuttlebutt's out on the Island, is good, if the Landing in the Bluff is open it was some good food. Then Railroad Seafood, down town Corpus is good food.

Fulton area, has a lot of good seafood places, You could spend a couple weeks hitting a different spot every day in the Rock Port Fulton areas, more so in Fulton. It's not all seafood, we ate at some two story bar and grille some years back on the 4th of July, it was very good. The place was a little ways down from the Sonic, right near the curve in Fulton. It's a tan tin building if I remember correctly, that place had some good food, not the common stuff.
                            Port A. used to, have not eaten anywhere in Port A in years. I am sure there are still some good places. Aransas Pass, used to have a couple of good places, but don't think any of them are still open, but there are probably some new places there.

I grew up down there, but most of the places that were there, when I grew up are long gone. After we left that area, the economy tanked bad, back in the early 90s. Then took off, when the Navy moved into Ingleside, but that did not last long, but the economy or the population stayed up there. I remember at some point in the early 90s driving down SPID, noticing there were hardly any cars in any of the mall parking lots or other strip centers. A lot of businesses died off back then. Corpus looked like a ghost town for a while there. There are still a few places that survived all these years, but there are definitely a lot of new places that are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post

I just went in to ask my wife (she is from CC) the name of the Mexican food place close to her parents. She reminded me "Kikos", we ate there many times when we lived in CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X