No announcement yet.

yard weed that burns like hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try a paste made with baking soda and water, very gently apply it and let it dry.

Comment

Definitely stings. It’s awful.
      Found that both gly (roundup) and 2,4d work and knock it out without much hassle

I’ve also used leather gloves (with long sleeve shirt) to remove it, it has shallow roots.

Comment

Got plenty of that crud as well as bull nettle around here. We always called it burning grass or stingin grass!...and it ain't even grass!lol Don't hurt like nettle but stings for a while. Nice to know the real name for it.

Comment

dang! i guess i need to steer clear if i see something like it,
          i though it looking lie Mary Jane...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            dang! i guess i need to steer clear if i see something like it,
            i though it looking lie Mary Jane...
            bhhaaaaaa ... you'd only make that mistake once trust me !
            it's pretty uncomfortable.

Comment

Picture this app says Branched noseburn, a species of Tragia. Also called desert tragia.

Comment

hey if anyone wants to order a bouquet for valentine's day for the EX wife, let me know!

Comment

Ivory soap works like a champ. Those things love to grow in sandy soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                    Ivory soap works like a champ. Those things love to grow in sandy soil.
                    ivory soap to kill the plant or to ease the pain ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                      That is actually called Cat Nip Noseburn. Not making it up, look it up. Stuff burns like hell...

Yep. I have some on my property in Votaw. Feels like fire ants are on ya

Comment

Pee on the affected street and the pain will stop, at least it works for bull nettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks similar to noseburn nettle which I have around my house, but the edges look more jagged on your plant. Noseburn nettle gives a surprisingly intense burn for a 5-10 minutes.

Comment

The baking soda paste will affect the acid in the nettle and take away the sting.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I don't want any of that weed!

Comment

I picked one out of the front yard one time, I'll never do that again. Now I look very closely before I pull any weed

Comment

Working...
                                X