Good Guy Report. United Cajun Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Guy Report. United Cajun Navy

I have spent the past three days staged up with a group of other airboat captains in preparation for the tropical system that just passed. There we groups staged all along the coast. I'm glad damage was minimal but an enormous amount of thought was bring put into actions by a totally non profit volunteer group.

They have a massive warehouse and supply network set up in Houma feeding and helping hurricane victims all the way out to Grand Isle. Cooking meals, hauling water, ice, etc.

If you are looking for a worth while place to donate a little money, these are folks actually doing what Fema should be doing.

Look them up on Facebook if you have it. United Cajun Navy..... the good guys.

Ol Mattress Mack let us stage at his store.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good for you and them! Well done, Steve!

Comment

way to go Steve!! Dang Mac needs some groceries!! I talked to him about 6 months ago and of course he always looks thin, but dang! He looks like he's lost weight since I saw him back in late Winter!! Sure hope there's not something wrong with him...

That Cajun Navy is the real deal! My salesman that lives in Lafayette and covers Louisiana for me is active in that organization. Some top notch folks in that group. Their leadership seems to be legit too... So far as I can tell, it's straight by the book and near as possible all proceeds go directly to helping folks in need after disasters like has been happening pretty regular since Harvey when they were sort of born... They really got started though during Rita... After Katrina hit NOLA, and that was all over the news of how helpless those folks were, When Rita hit Acadiana (Southwest LA), When FEMA arrived on scene to help... they had literally nothing to do... All those Cajuns had already rescued everyone and had 'em fed... They helped themselves and didn't need FEMA's help for the most part... "We take care of our own" was sort of their motto then and it's just grown from there... No telling how many lives those guys have saved since then... Salt of the earth kind of folks right there!!

Comment

We sent money a couple of weeks back........................

Comment

That's awesome. Here's their FB page for those curious: https://www.facebook.com/groups/144077806224154/

Comment

I'd note that one should do research and be careful as to which "Cajun Navy's" you donate too. The "Cajun Navy" is a term that was created for all the volunteers putting in there time to help people in times of need such as hurricanes. The "Cajun Navy" is not an organization, its a group of people helping out.

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that select individuals decided to take advantage of the coined term. Thus, there are now lots of different organizations that have implemented the "Cajun Navy" into there name, one being The United Cajun Navy. Some of these organizations are for personal gains. With a little bit of research and youtube videos, you can find instances of personal gain dating back to the beginning, that being the floods of 2016.

By no means am I trying to bash the United Cajun Navy, however when I volunteered my time and boat for the seacore search/incident this past spring, I began to have a better understanding of the background foundation of these different organizations. Particularly for the seacore search it became apparent that the United Cajun Navy might not be who they say they were. To be honest, we did not see any United Cajun Navy people around. Rather all the volunteers were just cajuns from Louisiana there to help. But coincidently it was the "United Cajun Navy" who seemed to take all the credit. I'm just expressing my personal experience with this particular organization and from what I saw, research, and learned, I'd be careful donating straight to them.

I like the United Cajun Navy in connection with the fact they get the word out and get volunteers there. What I don't like is the way they show up on scene and take credit for all the work that was done by volunteers, pay themselves, and buy unnecessary equipment not even used in search efforts, but rather this equipment has been used for personal entertainment.

Again, the "Cajun Navy" the people that you met to help are the good people I support. The board members and officers of the "United Cajun Navy" are the ones I do not support and from my research there is plenty of evidence over the past 5 years why others might feel the same way.

All in all, donate where you like, but sometimes your money is better donated directly to places in need rather than an organization that gets to use it freely.

If you want to start your research into "United Cajun Navy" start with going through this mans facebook post from current through April 2021 when the Seacore incident happened. He is currently in a law suit with them.
              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I don't do Facebook and i dont know what you are talking about. I do know what's going on in Houma. They are quite organized using primarily volunteer help. I was impressed with what is happening and will volunteer further if needed .

I'm talking specifically about the United Cajun Navy.

Comment

This video may provide some insight. Very interesting to say the least.

Comment

If your talking about the Todd Terrell, United Cajun Navy, then yes were talking about the same organization and I'd just suggest people research before donating. I've provided two good sources above.

Again, the volunteers, the ones actually doing the work on the ground, are the good ones. Those are the ones that do not get paid. The board members and officers of that organization are the ones that are corrupt in my opinion.

Comment

Once again, I can't watch Facebook. Maybe you know something I dont but I can speak for the folks on the ground and they are doing great work. A lot of great work noone ever hears about too .
                      Last edited by GarGuy; 09-15-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Steve, I see you got ole Sam with you, I know he’s good help. Thanks for volunteering

Comment

Thank you for volunteering!!

Comment

The guy on the left is a long time friend of mine. We were in the fire academy together back in 96 and still hang out to this day. He was wrongfully let go from Beaumont fire dept a few years ago and has been in a legal battle with the city ever since.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X