Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    Yea, that looks like the Bear broadheads I used for year, before switching to the Satellite broadheads. Wal-Mart sold those for years, so that was my broadhead of choice for years, killed a lot with those. I could not afford the XX75s for years, I used the Easton arrows, that were the step down from the XX75s, don't remember what they were called. After I got out of high school and got a decent paying job, I was finally able to buy XX75s, my buddies gave me crap, when I started buying XX75s, because they were still buying the cheap Wal-Mart arrows. I was going to Clyde's in Corpus buying XX75s and having them cut to length. My buddies thought I was nuts to spend that much money on arrows. A few years earlier, there was no way I could have afforded more than three of those arrows.
    I believe they were called Gamegetters

Comment

Thunderhead 125, 1987

Comment

125 grain satellite

Comment

First deer I hit (spike) with a Viper Venom....shot appeared pretty good, quartering away but buried into offside shoulder. Deer ran off like a shot from hell and after about 50yds stopped and looked right back at me, I panicked and tried to get another arrow and get down to shoot it again. Hind site, obviously I now know....he was probably in his last few moments of life and when he saw me getting down, it gave him enough adrenalin to get 400-500yds away from me into the thickest, wettest, unwalkable marsh he could. I lost him and never recovered him, I was young and got overly excited and botched the whole thing. All on me.

The first one I killed (doe), was with a Rage 2 Blade.....I hit her a bit back and at the shot she just looked at me and then laid down. She sat there for a few mins struggling and I just knew any second she would be gone, but the tough old girl wouldn’t give up, she never made a sound, and after a wrenching 10mins watching her I sent another one in and that ended it quickly.

I’m sorry I know neither one are very exciting or cool....but it’s the harsh truth of how it happens sometimes....it isn’t always glamorous.

It’s memories that I’ll never forget a detail of though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

125 gr Zwickey

Comment

Bear Razor Head. 1975

Comment

Killed a spike with the Original 2 blade bear broadhead with bleeder blades
                Attached Files

Comment

Cabela’s 100gr Mini Mag. Basically a Muzzy.

Comment

a sharp Wal-mart brand 3-blade. Still use them.

Comment

Vortex 2.5” expandable circa 2000.

Comment

QAD Exodus…. Didn’t go 20

Comment

Wasp satellites with the injector razor blades. About 1976 with those broomstick aluminum XX75. Killed a lot of deer with that set up

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                            100 grain thunderhead
                            This

Comment

Bear razor head

Bull nilgai, bear razor head. Late 70s. We got our camo from the ROTC department at Pan Am University. Wasn't a big choice of camo or broadheads.

Comment

A field tip , killed a rabbit with a recurve in 1975. 11 yrs old! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X