In this world, but not of this world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this world, but not of this world.

Guys I would like to start a monologue about being in the world, but not being of the world.

As Christians we are to be the example of God's light to those in the darkness of no faith. By example, we are to show people that there is something different about Christians. This is an ongoing and difficult task, at least for me.

When faced with a difficult situation is your first reaction love for that person that angered or hurt you? That is not my reaction generally, but it is the reaction that I long for. To be closer to Christ's example of what I should be.

How do you guys work on that? Does any of this make sense or am I rambling?

Be led by the Holy Spirit and do not worry about offending others with the truth. At the same time be a wise as a serpent and as harmless as a dove. There are times to be outspoken and firm and times you will need grace and some times it will take tact and wisdom. If you tell the truth...they will hate you because they first hated Him.
    Gotta get used to that, expect that. But the rewards are eternal.
    We have become man pleasers instead of God pleasers. I catch myself all the time doing just that.

Comment

It is a daily struggle for all Christians. We should work as hard as wel can to be like Christ. We need to be aware of the tone of our voice along with what we say, words cut deep. Be aware of our actions and know that others are watching. As sinners we will fail daily. God forgives us for these actions but we need to try our best to be his light

Comment

well put !

Comment

Sanctification is a process...we will never arrive this side of Glory.

It is in our weakness that we are able to point to Christ NOT to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            Sanctification is a process...we will never arrive this side of Glory.

It is in our weakness that we are able to point to Christ NOT to ourselves.
            Amen. He will finish the work He began in me. Daily I strive to die to myself and surrender to His leadership. He is the one doing the work in me... I just have to let the Spirit do His work. This world, our flesh, and Satan will continue to try to hinder this sanctification process. It is a daily battle but it is Him who we need to depend on for the perseverance that we hope the world will see in us. If anyone sees anything good in me, I pray they know it's because of Christ!

Comment

I think many Christians would be closer to his grace by learning to walk with their head up but not with their nose in the air.

Comment

Staying grounded in Christ like faith is never easy. Too many times we want to compromise our beliefs to the world and think we are doing what God wants us to. Scripture is very clear as to how we are are to live out our lives, and obedience to Him many times is in direct conflict with worldly views. Prayer helps, and being grounded with other like minded believers, holding each other accountable is one thing that is so important. We all struggle, but the victory has already been won.

Comment

If was easy Jesus would said to us ,come on lets go. Instead he said Take up your cross and follow me. He knew it would be something we struggle with.

Comment

At 2Corinthians 6:3+4 The apostle Paul told us to recommend ourselves to others and don’t stumble any one by our words or actions. It is a constant fight we’re all under pressure and all stressed.but you never know who is watching our actions.A lot of times I just have to keep my mouth shut count to ten and think about how Jesus would handle things before I proceed.I try and remember 1John 5:19 and remember that satan controls the world at present and just about every frustration,aggravation,stress and pain is caused by him directly or indirectly. Thanks for making his a subject for discussion it’s something I try to consider on a daily basis,I’ve enjoyed the responses.

Comment

Just because. your a christian.................
                      Doesn't mean, you have to accept abuse..........

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                        If was easy Jesus would said to us ,come on lets go. Instead he said Take up your cross and follow me. He knew it would be something we struggle with.
                        This!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                          I think many Christians would be closer to his grace by learning to walk with their head up but not with their nose in the air.
                          This. Too me most are too busy being a religious church goer who cannot relate to those who aren't except to tell them how wrong they are and how long their internment in hell will be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                            Guys I would like to start a monologue about being in the world, but not being of the world.

As Christians we are to be the example of God's light to those in the darkness of no faith. By example, we are to show people that there is something different about Christians. This is an ongoing and difficult task, at least for me.

When faced with a difficult situation is your first reaction love for that person that angered or hurt you? That is not my reaction generally, but it is the reaction that I long for. To be closer to Christ's example of what I should be.

How do you guys work on that? Does any of this make sense or am I rambling?

I definitely have a harder time with reactions when it comes to someone else on the receiving end of the abuse. Example; If someone is rude and hateful to me, I usually have a very slow level headed reaction. But, if you’re my friend/family or maybe even a stranger and someone does the same thing to you, generally I am instantly furious and not so level headed. I know I need to work on that, but struggle as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When confronted with a dilemma, I ask my self "What would Jesus do?"

Before my Dad's death last Sept, he said unto our pastor who came to visit, "What ever happens, let it be for the glory of God".

I have found that sometimes in life, what seems like a burden, or inconvenience, or tragedy, can be a blessing that we may not see at the present. I've encountered many burdens and tragedies in life, as I'm sure many of you have. But, when I look back now, and when I see someone else suffering from some of those or similar burdens, I can see why I had the experiences I did. So I try to stand at the ready to help. Life here, as you know, is a learning experience. Both through grief and happiness.

Someone's death is sad thing for those who are left behind. And sad for the non-believers. But is also a joyous celebration for those (believers) who are received into the afterlife.

Let all glory be given unto Him for all things great and small.

Comment

Working...
                              X