Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks are losing their jobs & business's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks are losing their jobs & business's!

I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small café we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.

So what is the solution?

If local governments are forcing a shutdown, what is the alternative?

Not saying it won’t hurt a lot of folks especially in service and consumer based industries, but I’m seeing a lot of rants and not any solutions or problem solving ideas

Comment

The ends justify the means........remember that.

Comment

It’s sad man. Gonna be the end for a lot of small businesses.

Comment

We opened up a new restaurant today in Fort Worth, talk about great timing.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            We opened up a new restaurant today in Fort Worth, talk about great timing.
            If there ever was an ironic story, it's that a restaurant named "Shuck Me" opens today. This is just begging for a viral meme to get you some local publicity. When all this settles down, we'll have a TBH HH at your new location.

Comment

Daughter said they were starting layoffs at her job... she just graduated in June and got this job.. .so hoping she makes it.

Comment

The company my sister works for had a meeting this morning and were told their salaries were being cut 30% and if you don't like it quit. About 25 employees......

Comment

They aren’t closing the restaurants down just no sitting down and eating—-keep going by and get the food to go

Comment

My wife will start working from home as of Monday per her company.

Comment

It’s crazy, I work in construction and have about 30 people working for me. I have been in countless meetings and corporate emails for the last week with no answers to give my employees about what’s to come. It’s a bad time for the average family man.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper311 View Post
                        It’s crazy, I work in construction and have about 30 people working for me. I have been in countless meetings and corporate emails for the last week with no answers to give my employees about what’s to come. It’s a bad time for the average family man.
                        In my best non-tinfoil mind I think we'll see some historic bailout for companies and the average person.

Just another cog in the conditioning of the avg American to rely on the gov't

Comment

Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.

Comment

It is like a hurricane. virus will run its course just like a hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.
                              Yes sir and I believe it's gonna be bad for the everyday average joe. People that are hourly will most likely get sent home for a couple weeks or longer and not get paid. Our school is out now until April 20th. Got an email earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X