• Show
Clear All

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Praying now.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the prayers and kind words. This lady treated me like her own from the day I met her. I don’t remember the last hog or deer my dad actually had to clean since she’s been here. He never got enough meat off the carcass/bone in her mind. Lol Both her and my dad are good christian folks and don’t deserve this. You never truly know how strong your faith is until it’s tested.
          Last edited by Slinger; 03-30-2021, 06:29 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Prayers! Keep the Faith in the LORD!!!

Comment

Just a quick update. She passed away peacefully Thursday evening. Thank you for all the prayers and kind words. It was all very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                  Just a quick update. She passed away peacefully Thursday evening. Thank you for all the prayers and kind words. It was all very much appreciated.
                  hate to hear that. Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers spoken for you, your Dad and your family.

Comment

Prayers up for the family.

Comment

That’s a tough one. May the Lord bless and protect You and your family.

Comment

I will send prayers your way.

My wife is in the Covid unit at Baylor Scott White in Dallas as we speak. Catching Covid has been our greatest fear since she has been in treatment (both radiation and chemo) for colo-rectal cancer since last fall and has a very weakened immune system.

When she initially got Covid on March 18 she got the BAM infusion here locally and that seemed to really knock the Covid back and she seemed to be recovering well. I tested positive on the 23rd but had a relatively mild case. But then she hit that 10-12 day post-positive time frame and had a bad relapse. I took her to the ER and she was in the local hospital for 2 days. At that point she kept getting worse. They were very pro-active here because of her condition and wanted to go ahead and ship her to Dallas since that is where she is getting her chemo.

There is nothing quite like loading your wife in an ambulance for a 4 hour trip to Dallas, not knowing if you will ever see her again.

Very thankfully we got her there before she was too critical. She has had excellent doctors that have been very aggressive with her treatment, and have had access to the newest and best medications. She is on the mend now and getting better and stronger every day. Today she has been off of oxygen most of the day and can walk around her room some without her O2 sat dropping. The doctors are pleased with her recovery and say she is on track.

I say these things so that you know that I am speaking from a place of understanding of what you are going through. My wife was in very serious condition when she left. I knew they would not let me in to see her where she was going. I knew chances were very real that I might never see her again. I have been at home with my 13 year old daughter while she has been fighting the battle 4 hours away.

You have my heart felt sympathies and prayers.

If I have learned anything the last 6 months of my wife doing battle with cancer, it is in the true power of prayer. There are some serious prayers warriors in your life, and on this board. They might not be the ones you think they are. You may not even know them. But they are out there, fighting and going into battle for you and your family.

Many times in the last 8 months I have felt as if I could not go on, when suddenly a sense of peace and calm would come over me. It took me a while to realize that was someone praying the Holy Spirit onto me in my time of need.

As far as deserving it, no one does. I walked into our barn Saturday night to find my daughter crying and crying. She said "Mom is a good person, she doesn't deserve this. She has had to fight too much already." All I could do was hold her and tell her "I know she doesn't baby, no one does, but we just have to have faith."

I know it is hard but be strong and have faith. Often we have no idea of the path we are on or why. But take it day by day and trust in Gods ultimate plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                              I will send prayers your way.

My wife is in the Covid unit at Baylor Scott White in Dallas as we speak. Catching Covid has been our greatest fear since she has been in treatment (both radiation and chemo) for colo-rectal cancer since last fall and has a very weakened immune system.

When she initially got Covid on March 18 she got the BAM infusion here locally and that seemed to really knock the Covid back and she seemed to be recovering well. I tested positive on the 23rd but had a relatively mild case. But then she hit that 10-12 day post-positive time frame and had a bad relapse. I took her to the ER and she was in the local hospital for 2 days. At that point she kept getting worse. They were very pro-active here because of her condition and wanted to go ahead and ship her to Dallas since that is where she is getting her chemo.

There is nothing quite like loading your wife in an ambulance for a 4 hour trip to Dallas, not knowing if you will ever see her again.

Very thankfully we got her there before she was too critical. She has had excellent doctors that have been very aggressive with her treatment, and have had access to the newest and best medications. She is on the mend now and getting better and stronger every day. Today she has been off of oxygen most of the day and can walk around her room some without her O2 sat dropping. The doctors are pleased with her recovery and say she is on track.

I say these things so that you know that I am speaking from a place of understanding of what you are going through. My wife was in very serious condition when she left. I knew they would not let me in to see her where she was going. I knew chances were very real that I might never see her again. I have been at home with my 13 year old daughter while she has been fighting the battle 4 hours away.

You have my heart felt sympathies and prayers.

If I have learned anything the last 6 months of my wife doing battle with cancer, it is in the true power of prayer. There are some serious prayers warriors in your life, and on this board. They might not be the ones you think they are. You may not even know them. But they are out there, fighting and going into battle for you and your family.

Many times in the last 8 months I have felt as if I could not go on, when suddenly a sense of peace and calm would come over me. It took me a while to realize that was someone praying the Holy Spirit onto me in my time of need.

As far as deserving it, no one does. I walked into our barn Saturday night to find my daughter crying and crying. She said "Mom is a good person, she doesn't deserve this. She has had to fight too much already." All I could do was hold her and tell her "I know she doesn't baby, no one does, but we just have to have faith."

I know it is hard but be strong and have faith. Often we have no idea of the path we are on or why. But take it day by day and trust in Gods ultimate plan.

Wow Jethro. That’s tough brother. I am sending prayers up for you and your family. Keep the faith for sure.

Comment

Prayers sent up

Comment

Working...
                                X