Browning Auto 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning Auto 5

Any collectors or gun experts out there for old shotguns?
    Looking for more information and possible value on an old auto 5 I picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these guns, I don’t have a clue on the value but I have a couple and their a solid gun for sure. Nice find!!

Comment

Those photos are interesting. It doesn’t have scroll work engraving and the safety is not in the same place as any other auto 5 I’ve ever seen. You may have something rare.

Comment

Watching this! Sweet find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Definitely some different stuff going with this shotgun. I’m not sure what’s going on here. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can tell you about it.

Comment

That is a mid 50's or earlier model. I've got a 16 gauge from 1939 that looks pretty close to that. Does it have FN on the butt plate?

Comment

your A5 was made in 1932

Shotgun has been disassembled and taken apart at some time in its history. Likely to repair the trigger assembly. What does the butt plate and stock look like ? Finish looks original

My WAG, looks like a $500 value conservatively. I don’t think it’s a $700-800 shotgun.

Comment

Cool, those old A-5 shotguns are classics.

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback!
                  Stock looks well used...
                  But plate has been replaced, or covered?
                  What’s Yalls thoughts?

Comment

Got reamed ole son! Per Nate. Since he can’t post

Comment

Lol

Comment

Nice old shotgun. Cajuns info looks good. Go easy with the power level on ammo with a full choke barrel from the 30’s.

Comment

Might confirm the chamber length before putting a 2-3/4 in. shell in. Not all Brownings switched until the 1940,s prior to that most were 2-5/8 in. You can still get the 2-5/8 shells if you have to.

Comment

since the stock has been modified and no original butt plate, I'm guessing around $425. Is the LOP still around 14 1/4".

the original horn butt plate was likely removed because those shotguns kick like a PO'd mule. The softer recoil pad was added to reduce recoil and minimize shoulder bruising. Somewhat surprised a poly-choke was not added since they were very popular in the 50's and 60's

Take off the magazine cap and inspect the fore-end. Due to the barrel recoil, those wooden stocks often times cracked near the recvr end and split down the middle
                            Last edited by Cajun Blake; 03-30-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Got reamed ole son! Per Nate. Since he can’t post

Even banned, Nate finds a way for his words...

Comment

Working...
                              X