AAE Vane adhesive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAE Vane adhesive?

Do the AAE Max vanes really require their primer and glue? I have seen these claims on other vanes but Superglue gel has always worked great.

The superglue is working for these but taking forever to set enough to take the vane out of the clamp.

Yes. The hybrid vanes don’t need the primer, essentially the same vanes

Comment

Does anyone know what the primer is? Or what it is made of?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        Does anyone know what the primer is? Or what it is made of?

Could figure it out from the MSDS which is available on their website

Comment

I bought some of those that are designed for traditional shooting, for hunting in the rain. I tried to glue them to carbons but could not get anything to make them stay on.

Comment

I shoot AAE and I scrub my shafts with 20 mule team borax on a damp wash rag. Then slightly scrub the base of the vane with the same. Easy once clamped in the fletching clamp. Rinse with clear water. Then use a new bottle of the blue lid gorilla glue( CA glue) . I do find the glue has to be fresh. If I do this every time, I don’t have an issue. I have used “ gun scrubber” to clean the vanes and it works also.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              I shoot AAE and I scrub my shafts with 20 mule team borax on a damp wash rag. Then slightly scrub the base of the vane with the same. Easy once clamped in the fletching clamp. Rinse with clear water. Then use a new bottle of the blue lid gorilla glue( CA glue) . I do find the glue has to be fresh. If I do this every time, I don’t have an issue. I have used “ gun scrubber” to clean the vanes and it works also.

What the difference in blue lid vs green lid gorilla glue?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                What the difference in blue lid vs green lid gorilla glue?
                Blue is high impact.

To the OP...yes it requires their primer pen and their glue. It’s a PITA but damm they’re stuck once it’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  To the OP...yes it requires their primer pen and their glue. It’s a PITA but damm they’re stuck once it’s done.

Agreed!

First vanes I have ever seen that super glue gel would work great on.

The AAE primer and glue worked great, just not as fast set as I’m used to.

Comment

If you read the directions that come with the MAX vanes, it says as an alternative you can clean the bases of the vanes with a Q-Tip and Acetone first, let them air dry really well, then you can glue them like any other vane.

Comment

Originally posted by JPR79 View Post
                      If you read the directions that come with the MAX vanes, it says as an alternative you can clean the bases of the vanes with a Q-Tip and Acetone first, let them air dry really well, then you can glue them like any other vane.
                      I never saw that before, but I have a can of acetone and I ain’t afraid to use it!

Comment

I like the printer pen for ease of use over acetone and a q-tip, but it does work. I like the Mac bond glue but the gold tip tip grip works just as well and I use it for my inserts as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X