What RV-TBH RV travelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Les View Post
    I guess my resize on the second photo didn't work.
    Those massive windows on the camp side are so nice! we have a 2018 295 BHOK, basically the same as your size wise, but I wish we had those windows!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      I just got all hooked up and everything stowed away. After we vote at 0800 it will be north bound and down, if you call 65mph “down” anyway. Lake Bob Sandlin SP here we come!

Michael

Safe travels, enjoy!

Comment

I picked up a 2014 Keystone 5th wheel a couple of years ago for next to nothing. It had some minor interior damaged (all cosmetic) and the daughter and I have enjoyed using it. Would really like to start using it more, but her rodeos keep us busy on the weekends.

Tried to book a few state parks but they stay plum full now a days. I would love to hear about private parks people have stayed at, especially in the hill country area.

Also, Looking for a kayak rack for the back of my 5th wheel. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Roughing it smoothly.

This is our Tiffin Phaeton, we love to travel.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Land Guy View Post
            This is our Tiffin Phaeton, we love to travel.

And a coach finally shows up! Nice rig

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              I picked up a 2014 Keystone 5th wheel a couple of years ago for next to nothing. It had some minor interior damaged (all cosmetic) and the daughter and I have enjoyed using it. Would really like to start using it more, but her rodeos keep us busy on the weekends.

Tried to book a few state parks but they stay plum full now a days. I would love to hear about private parks people have stayed at, especially in the hill country area.

Also, Looking for a kayak rack for the back of my 5th wheel. Anyone have any suggestions?
              We are at Big Chief this weekend in Burnet. Near the dam on Lake Buchanan. It’s clean and staff is nice, no complaints. Booked it a week before. They had a few lots open at the time. Texas Caverns SP and Inks Lake SP are nearby. We went to the Caverns on Friday.

Comment

Lake Bob Sandlin SP has been nice and will only get better this afternoon. A young couple about 150 yards from us has 8 stair step kids with two sets of twins. Their oldest looks to be maybe 10 and two do nothing but bawl unless they are held. In about five hours this place should be a ghost town.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                  This is the one I have. Takes me about 15 minutes to install, and have had no problems at all with it. Hope the link works! Thule truck racks. AND it fits my 2012 F350 and my wife's 2019 F150.

https://www.amazon.com/Thule-TracRac...2806845&sr=8-3
                  Thanks Les!

Comment

Fords pulling RVs

What this thread needs is a few more Fords pulling RVs... JK

We enjoy our Pacific Coachworks 21 Ft Toyhauler
                    Beach, Lake or Mountains perfect size.
                    Just got back from Colorado Elk hunt. Sunsets were beautiful but the elk had all left the state.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone around the Jefferson area up for a HH Saturday evening at Lake O’ the Pines? The campfire will be in full blaze.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        Anyone around the Jefferson area up for a HH Saturday evening at Lake O’ the Pines? The campfire will be in full blaze.

Michael

Man I wish we weren’t obligated Saturday, i sure have the itch for a weekend getaway and this sounds perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Man I wish we weren’t obligated Saturday, i sure have the itch for a weekend getaway and this sounds perfect.

This entire week has been! The cold front that blew in this past Friday was not as strong as predicted so it has warmed up a bit but Friday night was so nice.

After breakfast tomorrow we will bust camp and head the hour south to the next park. I could definitely get use to this as a full time lifestyle quick but a week at one location is almost a bit too long at times.

Comment

We have had several over the years. Started with a double slide 5th wheel that we really liked. We bought a RZR and decided we needed a big toy hauler with at 12 foot garage. Was nice to have the extra room when we didn't haul the RZR with us. Sold the RZR and didn't need the toy hauler so we sold it and we now have gone the tiny camper route. Got a 20 ft RPOD a couple of years ago. Its little, but really all we need. We rarely spend time inside when we use it. Pretty much need a place to sleep and ****. We got a memory foam mattress for it, and converted the dinette to a couch. It is super light, so easy to pull. We have hauled it all over Texas, and took it for a loop thru New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas the summer before last. Our 18 year old daughter was on the trip with us and the only complaint she had was the small bed she had to sleep on which was the couch. My only complaint on it is having to crawl over the wife to get out of the bed. Really I guess she complains more about it than me. This will be the last one I buy until I retire in about 5 years. Might be in the market for a good used motor home at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Those massive windows on the camp side are so nice! we have a 2018 295 BHOK, basically the same as your size wise, but I wish we had those windows!

They are nice. I HAD to have the huge rear window, too. It, for the most part, is just me and the wife so we got the rear living. With the big slides on each side, it's a huge area.
                              Lesto!!

Comment

We bought a 30 ft Salem TT new last year. We went to Moab Ut. Last summer. This year we went to Yellowstone and the black hills in SD. I grew up taking RV trips with my parents every summer I didn’t realize how much I missed it till the last two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X