No announcement yet.

What to invest in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I invested in a really good waffle iron earlier this year, and I have no regrets. I'm eating some of the best waffles of my life.

It's the classic round All-Clad in case anybody is wondering. I should've bought one years ago. I never knew a waffle iron could make such a big difference. I always thought the issue was my recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
      Even though Oil Stocks have made a heck of a run, I don’t think it’s too late to look at Energy plays.
      X2

Comment

Some social media platform like snapchat are way down like 60% imo is a good buy

If you spend any time around the younger generation and their smartphones you know it's not going away any time soon. The prediction on these is very good still btw

Comment

Tough market. Tech is being killed and crypto is down.

Comment

Buy cows you can always eat them

Comment

Originally posted by DawgOnIt View Post
              Stocks are tanking, real estate is sky high, is there anything worthy of investing in?
              So you don't want to invest in real estate because it's high and don't want to invest in stocks because they are low. What are you looking for?

I'd start averaging in the S&P or a good mutual fund. At least 20% ASAP and then set buys every 3-5% lower than we are right now. Just pray it falls just enough so you have it all in. No matter how far the markets fall you should make money within 8-10 years (worse case) If not I can promise you we are all screwed and that money would not have helped you anyway.

Comment

12 months ago it was real estate, 2 years ago it was digital currency apparently. Today, who the heck knows, maybe Oil and Gas, for medium short term. Sooner or later but probably in 30 months or so when a fossil fuel president is in office whom ever it is will be much more positive for the industry. If purchased now, likely will surge then as taps will likely have to be opened due to a short fall in production and lack of keeping up with demand. A lot of the Shale play producing wells are maturing or going offline soon and no where near any capital being spent to replace said production. JMO. Happy hunting, still trying to pay off debt here. Lol

Comment

Tough market if you bought at the top, great market if you’re getting ready to start buying.

A popular phrase by Warren Buffett in the trading world is “be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful. This means that be fearful when a stock or market sector is high and be prepared to sell or start selling. Don’t buy or FOMO in when the stock has already ran up. Be greedy when others are fearful means that people are scared of buying a stock that has been dropping or has been beaten down. This is the best time to buy, because you’re buying it when it’s on “sale”.

If you’re just starting out, focus on quality, blue chip stocks. Companies that are not going anywhere and ate established with good financials and fundamentals (apple, Tesla, amazon, united airlines, boeing, Home Depot, caterpillar, 3M, ford, toyota, Coca-Cola, procter & gamble, etc.) To start, focus on 1-5 stocks and keep track of them for a couple of months and learn their “personalities”, learn how they move, what makes them run/drop.

If you want to invest long term, look for quality stocks with good dividends and just keep adding money to them every month or every time it dips, and buy the dip. You can also put your money in ETFs (a stock made up of a combination of other stocks) and make sure you diversify your portfolio in different market sectors (oil, gas, travel, technology, energy, etc). That way during market rotation, some sectors will up while others are down. When a sector is up, you can sell a percentage of your shares and add to the sectors that are down. Sell as the stock or sector is going running up and start buying again when it looks like it’s bottomed out, and start scaling in. Keep in mind you will never be able to time it perfectly, meaning that you will never buy the lowest low and will never sell at the highest high.

(Look into Tell (Tellurian), risky play, but might 10X your investment in 5-10 years)

Hopes this helps!

Lastly, this is not financial advice, these are just opinions. I don’t know what I’m doing, nor know what I’m talking about and I love eating crayons for breakfast everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                    Pm Sabinehunter he's God's gift to the forum.
                    Dang, where did that come from? I don't even know you.

Three precious metals, gold, silver, and lead.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                      I invested in a really good waffle iron earlier this year, and I have no regrets. I'm eating some of the best waffles of my life.

It's the classic round All-Clad in case anybody is wondering. I should've bought one years ago. I never knew a waffle iron could make such a big difference. I always thought the issue was my recipe.
                      I’ve had my eye on the All-Clad waffle iron for a couple of years now. Really like the brand. For whatever reason, I ended up buying a Breville instead and am not impressed (however, I’m generally high on Breville as well and have other products in their line that I’m really high on.

On the other hand, it’s possible that my waffle iron is a Cuisinart (I just don’t temember) which would explain why I dislike it so intensely. Never buy Cuisinart. They’re way overpriced to be so lacking in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by HTXTundra View Post
                        Tough market if you bought at the top, great market if you’re getting ready to start buying.

A popular phrase by Warren Buffett in the trading world is “be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful. This means that be fearful when a stock or market sector is high and be prepared to sell or start selling. Don’t buy or FOMO in when the stock has already ran up. Be greedy when others are fearful means that people are scared of buying a stock that has been dropping or has been beaten down. This is the best time to buy, because you’re buying it when it’s on “sale”.

If you’re just starting out, focus on quality, blue chip stocks. Companies that are not going anywhere and ate established with good financials and fundamentals (apple, Tesla, amazon, united airlines, boeing, Home Depot, caterpillar, 3M, ford, toyota, Coca-Cola, procter & gamble, etc.) To start, focus on 1-5 stocks and keep track of them for a couple of months and learn their “personalities”, learn how they move, what makes them run/drop.

If you want to invest long term, look for quality stocks with good dividends and just keep adding money to them every month or every time it dips, and buy the dip. You can also put your money in ETFs (a stock made up of a combination of other stocks) and make sure you diversify your portfolio in different market sectors (oil, gas, travel, technology, energy, etc). That way during market rotation, some sectors will up while others are down. When a sector is up, you can sell a percentage of your shares and add to the sectors that are down. Sell as the stock or sector is going running up and start buying again when it looks like it’s bottomed out, and start scaling in. Keep in mind you will never be able to time it perfectly, meaning that you will never buy the lowest low and will never sell at the highest high.

(Look into Tell (Tellurian), risky play, but might 10X your investment in 5-10 years)

Hopes this helps!

Lastly, this is not financial advice, these are just opinions. I don’t know what I’m doing, nor know what I’m talking about and I love eating crayons for breakfast everyday.
                        X2

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          I’ve had my eye on the All-Clad waffle iron for a couple of years now. Really like the brand. For whatever reason, I ended up buying a Breville instead and am not impressed (however, I’m generally high on Breville as well and have other products in their line that I’m really high on.

On the other hand, it’s possible that my waffle iron is a Cuisinart (I just don’t temember) which would explain why I dislike it so intensely. Never buy Cuisinart. They’re way overpriced to be so lacking in quality.
                          Your life sounds so much like mine. I had a Cuisine art for over a decade, and I was living on mediocre waffles.

Then I saved some Amazon gift cards so I could buy an All Clad, but by the time I had the money, they were sold out. So I did a little more research and got a Breville instead. The Breville was a huge disappointment. Thankfully, the All Clad was back on Amazon, so I returned the Breville and got the All Clad. I'm so glad I did. The All Clad has really turned things around for me. Sometimes I sit around imagining how different my life might have turned out if I had gotten the All Clad ten or fifteen years earlier.

Comment

Steel

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                              Your life sounds so much like mine. I had a Cuisine art for over a decade, and I was living on mediocre waffles.

Then I saved some Amazon gift cards so I could buy an All Clad, but by the time I had the money, they were sold out. So I did a little more research and got a Breville instead. The Breville was a huge disappointment. Thankfully, the All Clad was back on Amazon, so I returned the Breville and got the All Clad. I'm so glad I did. The All Clad has really turned things around for me. Sometimes I sit around imagining how different my life might have turned out if I had gotten the All Clad ten or fifteen years earlier.

Really? The All Clad was practically life changing??

With an endorsement like that, I’m going to get me one right away. It’s a quality of life issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DawgOnIt View Post
                                Stocks are tanking, real estate is sky high, is there anything worthy of investing in?
                                Wouldn't you rather buy those stocks when they are down rather than when they are high?

Comment

Working...
                                X