X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Come to find out, we had more than one thing in common![emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could have gone the rest of the week without knowing that. ((chuckling))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just gotta ask, again.

Anyone ever used TJ's Chili (w or w/o beans?

Comment

I’m not related to Buck Medley but I know plenty who run into him from time to time.

Comment

The cousin of my wife’s grandad has a son whose name is REK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
            The cousin of my wife’s grandad has a son whose name is REK.
            I wonder if hes related to my ex mother in law, SHREK

Comment

Somehow I’m related to the folks who started Kings Inn.

When Orlando Leo Underbrink was born on 6 December 1889, in Fryburg, Pusheta Township, Auglaize, Ohio, United States, his father, Ignatius Loyola Doc Underbrink, was 28 and his mother, Josephine Mary Reincke, was 24. He married Grace M. Remlinger on 27 January 1914. They were the parents of at least 4 sons and 9 daughters. He lived in Botkins, Dinsmore Township, Shelby, Ohio, United States in 1900 and Justice Precinct 3, Kleberg, Texas, United States for about 20 years. He died on 14 March 1970, in Kingsville, Kleberg, Texas, United States, at the age of 80, and was buried in Kleberg, Texas, United States.

My Grandmother was from Ohio and we have a road named Underbrink Lane next to my families farm land in Texas.

Not really famous but if you’ve been to Baffin Bay you know Kings Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                LOL..Any of these clans? Prudhomme, Lafleur, or Ledoux? We always had a big family reunion in Louisiana (hard to believe with these names) on Labor day weekend and us kids would raid the standing sugar cane. That was 50 years or so ago.
                My wife grew up in Opelousas and her parents were best friends with several of the LeDoux’s. I’m cooking a crawfish bisque on Good Friday as 2 of Elaine LeDoux Mayer (RIP) sons will be in attendance. My late FIL was an attorney in Opelousas who had to get Adler “Cat” LeDoux out of trouble many times.

The Prudhomme family still has the reunion last I heard.

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                KPaul's is my favorite restaurant in New Orleans!
                Sadly, K-Pauls permanently closed its doors in July 2020 due to the financial hardship from COVID. For my 50th bday, my wife and I spent 3 days in NOLA eating like a king. K-Pauls made the list of places we dined and one of our favorite dining places.

Comment

On my Dad's side there were two high ranking Nazi Officers (Brothers) We have some Crazy photos, all
                  Decked out in Iron crosses and swastikas...
                  Damm they just look like trouble..
                  Last edited by BigOh!; 04-12-2022, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    Was that RCA in Newark?

It was RCA. He was in Moorestown. I am not sure if he went al the way to Newark or if there was one close to Philadelphia.

Comment

I’ve got a distant relative named Adam. He came home one day and his wife was sold some beans by a snake-oil salesman who told her to put them in the chili, and she did. Their life was a chit-show after that and everything went to haides.

Comment

Another cousin of mine made it to the Golden Gloves National Finals at Madison Square Gardens back in the 60's. In his first match he lasted a whopping 48 seconds into the first round against Cassius Clay.

Comment

My only famous relative was my GGUncle on my moms side. Eddie Dean was a somewhat famous singing cowboy. Roy Roger’s and Gene Autry both said he was the best cowboy singer of all time.

Comment

Cousin is Eagles field goal kicker, makes it rough as a Cowboys fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              Somehow I’m related to the folks who started Kings Inn.

When Orlando Leo Underbrink was born on 6 December 1889, in Fryburg, Pusheta Township, Auglaize, Ohio, United States, his father, Ignatius Loyola Doc Underbrink, was 28 and his mother, Josephine Mary Reincke, was 24. He married Grace M. Remlinger on 27 January 1914. They were the parents of at least 4 sons and 9 daughters. He lived in Botkins, Dinsmore Township, Shelby, Ohio, United States in 1900 and Justice Precinct 3, Kleberg, Texas, United States for about 20 years. He died on 14 March 1970, in Kingsville, Kleberg, Texas, United States, at the age of 80, and was buried in Kleberg, Texas, United States.

My Grandmother was from Ohio and we have a road named Underbrink Lane next to my families farm land in Texas.

Not really famous but if you’ve been to Baffin Bay you know Kings Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We used to eat there maybe twice a year on special occasions, when we lived down south. That was some good food. I have taken numerous people there since, moving away. I went down to Laguna Atascosa in January, I drove by the road that goes down to the King's Inn, there is no sign, saying King's in this way, no signs along 77 heading that way, like there used to be. If I had not been so tired on the way back, I was going to drive down there and see if it was still there.

After I got home I asked a few people I know who still live down there, if they knew if it was still open, they did not know for sure, but they thought it was still open. I have planned on taking my wife and daughter there for years, but every trip we take back to the coast, we don't have time to drive all the way down to Rivera and eat.

Definitely very good food. For many decades the snowbirds that have stayed in the valley, loved to go eat there. You can always hear them telling the staff, how they have been coming down from someplace way up north, every year and then stopping in there every year to eat.

Comment

My maternal grandmother’s people trace back to John Rolfe who married Pocahontus in 1614. (Does that mean I’m related to Elizabeth Warren?)

Comment

Working...
                                X