Texas Drone Law shot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    then we'll pretend its a dove, and its in-season.
    Yeah, if you stand out in your yard 24 hours a day, seven days a week hoping for a drone that may or may not ever show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
      It’s the Hank Williams law. Mind your own business and you won’t be mindin mine.
      So you have no answer. Got it….

Comment

You LEO and real estate guys toughting the benefits, you were making due before drones were invented. But I am of the mind you buy a piece a dirt of you should own it as far up and as far down as possible to measure. Yes I believe we should phase out mineral rights and whoever owns that chunk of ground owns what's below it. As far as above that gets slightly more complicated but you should definitely have a land owner buffer to 30k feet or so.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would LOVE to shoot a law enforcement drone down flying over my property.

Comment

Just like mineral rights can be listed in real estate contracts now soon there will be wind rights in contracts . . .

Comment

Just like mineral rights can be listed in real estate contracts now soon there will be wind rights in contracts . . .
              thats been added about 10 years ago, its really mentioned in property deals in north and west Texas. I'm ok with buying land without mineral rights but couldnt even think about it if the wind rights didnt come with it. They are also giving (or keeping) some wind rights instead of signing over 100%

Comment

As a guy who flies a drone for cash a handful of times per week (weather permitting) it’s good to monitor public opinion.

I have zero interest in flying over a stranger’s property just for kicks but I do it frequently to line up the shots I’m paid to shoot.

And that’s the problem.

Of course it won’t be long until your neighbors Amazon order will be drone shipped over your property on it’s way to his door. Especially if you live on a boat or oil rig.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  So you have no answer. Got it….
                  Sure sounds like a pretty good answer to me.

Comment

Legdog, you are a good person and you are not the one I'm worried about. Laws shouldn't be about stopping good people; they should be about stopping and punishing bad people.

It's the evil seditious ones that are looking for trouble that I worry about. I've had large drones fly at night over my house and stop .... wait a sec... maybe those are UFO's??

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      As a guy who flies a drone for cash a handful of times per week (weather permitting) it’s good to monitor public opinion.

I have zero interest in flying over a stranger’s property just for kicks but I do it frequently to line up the shots I’m paid to shoot.

And that’s the problem.

Of course it won’t be long until your neighbors Amazon order will be drone shipped over your property on it’s way to his door. Especially if you live on a boat or oil rig.

Like Dusty said, I don’t think you are the problem. But I DO believe if you are going to have to fly over other properties or other properties may be in your image that you should at least get permission from said property owners first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Like Dusty said, I don’t think you are the problem. But I DO believe if you are going to have to fly over other properties or other properties may be in your image that you should at least get permission from said property owners first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        It would be nice if that were possible.

I’m flying in Spicewood today at 12:30. House is in a swanky neighborhood near the Colorado River. I’m sure the agent wants to feature the house’s location showing it near but not quite on the River. In order to show this, I will need to fly at max altitude of 400 feet and photograph the home from all angles. Wind gusts are 30 mph at this time so I may have to cancel. I’ll probably pass over at least 6 other properties to get the shots.

If I do it, I’ll post here so you can see the problem.

I’m all for respecting private property. I’ll let the images speak.

I’ve photographed over 3200 properties from ground level and have run into all manner of “hey what are you doing with that camera” confrontations merely sitting in my car getting photos on to my laptop after completing a shoot.

Bottom line, Privacy has to be respected. People are understandably nervous.

Although I’m not a guy out with nefarious intention, I can see the problem.

Comment

The tax man uses em to see barns and sheds.

Comment

Other than the elevation, what's the difference between a drone on station, over your back yard, or a guy standing on the side of your wooden fence looking in.

Majority of people would say something to the man. Maybe even call the police. But it's ok if it's a drone.
                            Got it.

I've had them over my house when I was working on the boat or outside in the yard. It doesn't bother me. I'm not that exciting or good lookin. But I do see where some folks don't agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                              Other than the elevation, what's the difference between a drone on station, over your back yard, or a guy standing on the side of your wooden fence looking in.
                              None

You missed the point but that’s ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                                None

You missed the point but that’s ok.

Enlighten me then. What's the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X