No announcement yet.

It’s My Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that’s awesome! Happy for y’all. I don’t have advice for twins but I can say this, you will be tired, and you will laugh and you will cuss under your breath at them but you will love them like nothing else in this world!

Let’s meet up soon and toast one!

Comment

Just a little bit longer. You're almost at the front of the line. The ride of your life is about to begin!

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        You are about to find out why God put you on this earth. And your dad is about to become a genius!
        Isn’t this statement so true. Lol

Congratulations to the future new parents.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
          Congrats. I'll add to this in the morning, I have 3 month old twins.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
          You'll get tons of advice from people, good and bad. This will be one of the two, mostly because everyone does things differently.

Some advice that we got from almost everyone that I think was the worst was to keep them on the same schedule. It was a nightmare for us. It's not bad when both of you (you and wife) are home, but if one of you are by yourself and they both pipe off at the same time, screaming their heads off, it gets a little sketchy.

It you're tending to one and the other starts fussing, let them fuss until the one you're dealing with is settled, if you try to calm both of them down together you'll end up with 2 ****** off babies. (This is for when you're by yourself)

If you can't get one or both calmed down, strip them down to diaper and lay them together, with a lot of skin to skin contact. That's what they're used to, and they calm each other better than you can calm them. (Works very well the first month or 2 especially)

Dr.'s and nurses will tell you that they need to eat every 3 hrs, no exceptions. After a month or so, do every 3 hrs when they're awake, at night let them sleep until they're hungry. They'll wake you up. I promise. Don't wake a sleeping baby. [emoji16]

Get a baby breeza bottle maker. Seriously, do it. It's basically a kuerig for bottles.

Once they start sleeping fairly well, decide before bed who is on duty and let the other sleep. No reason for both of you to be zombies. Most nights go pretty good, every once in a while, one of them will be up all night, no reason for both of you to be. Someone should be sleeping if possible. You will need it.

When they wake up to eat, change diaper first, then feed. They'll fall asleep while eating and you don't want to wake them up changing diaper.

I can keep going but tired of typing. [emoji16]. When they get here if you have any specific questions hit me up.

You don't have to hold them every moment that they're awake. Put them down, or they'll expect it.

Most of all, be prepared for the best times of your life.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! It’s a blast but hectic. I have 7, 5, 2. It can be a full time job for sure but it’s awesome. Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Kids are the greatest blessing and the greatest challenge in life. Your new most important job title: “Dad”

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                You are about to find out why God put you on this earth. And your dad is about to become a genius!
                Amen to the first sentence and Lol to the second!

Comment

Congrats for the twins. Double the fun. Get 'em done @ one time. 2 of my daughters have twins. Both had their tubes tied after. Not gonna go through that again. Gotta love 'em though, They're special!

Comment

Remember, especially on the hardest of days when you feel like losing it or throwing in the towel, God has blessed you with two sweet babies that are miracles for you to cherish and love always.

Comment

Congrats! Wouldn’t trade my two for the world! God is good!

Comment

Life altering indeed! Huge congrats to you and the little lady it will be here before you know it!!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Nothing like it man, congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations on the two-for-one deal!

Like others have said, get them on a schedule or a routine. And stick with it. Feed when their hungry, but bedtime is a set time. Nap time is a set time. And don't let the grandparents deviate from YOUR schedule. (My parents were the worst about that!)

My daughter is now 23 yrs old and she never did well outside of a set schedule, even now. (She's a teacher and lives by the bell like her Mom)

Hardest thing for me to overcome was not running to my daughter's aid every time she cried, especially at night. You need to let them figure some things out on their own. Crying themselves to sleep some times is a good thing. It helps to build some independence in them. Otherwise, they will rely on you to be there all the time. It's hard to sit there and listen to them cry, but it will eventually stop. (When they're sick is a different story, though)

Also, be their parent, not their friend!

As they get older, set the ground rules and live by them. If there is a stated consequence, stick to it. No matter if it affects your plans. Kids nowadays need to know there are consequences for every action: good & bad.

Many times we've left a restaurant after ordering or a grocery store with a full shopping cart because our daughter couldn't behave. It's sets the tone and they pick up on it. If you don't enforce the consequences, they will also pick up on that and know you won't do anything to correct the behavior.

Most of all, love them like there is no tomorrow! Teach them the ways you feel are right. And don't worry about scrapes or bruises, kids are very resilient.

You'll get your exercise when they start walking...

Raising your own little hunting buddies is the coolest thing ever!

Comment

Working...
                            X