No announcement yet.

Drone Hovering Over Me While Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow.........never considered that as a potential issue to my hunting opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      wow.........never considered that as a potential issue to my hunting opportunities.
      Me neither.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        If you have to trespass to retrieve it, it shouldn’t be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I fully understand that shooting one down is against federal law.

And I fully understand that smoking, growing, selling, etc cannabis is a federal crime

If they don't enforce all laws then why should I feel the need to abide by the rest?

Keep your drone out of my air space!

BTW, as I understand it you are supposed to have sight of the drone when flying. So wouldn't that be breaking the law flying somewhere you are not supposed to be and not being able to see the drone?

Comment

if youve got good enough cover to stay hidden from any kind of camera strapped to it i would say shoot it down.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              So, legally, a drone operator can run the thing wherever he wants and there's no real legal recourse for the person being messed with? More evidence of a jacked up world we live in. Jeez.
              I'm sure there's recourse for the person being harrassed, operators have pretty strict rules they have to follow but you'd likely end up with fed problems shooting one down unless you can prove some sort of real danger.

Comment

Drones are a poachers best friend.

I would consider a drone flying over a feeder to be hunter harassment.

Comment

LMAO, now my dad is buzzing me in his Cessna.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    Drones are a poachers best friend.

I would consider a drone flying over a feeder to be hunter harassment.
                    Also technically illegal per TPWD to scout/photograph wildlife to begin with. So TPWD could actually issue them a ticket.... parking over a feeder during deer season with a drone pretty much is pretty much scouting, but hunter harassment works as well. Other than that its an ugly situation where drones and privacy are concerned. Sadly once you leave a structure, everything over ground level belongs to the FAA.

Common sense goes a longs way, pilot evidently lost his for a while.

Comment

I guess carrying a video camera and videoing the thing for "evidence", and / or information, might be a viable first step?

Comment

Harassment would most certainly apply. It is also unlawful to fly a drone out of direct sight.

Comment

if you shoot it you risk jail time and much money in fines..

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                            LMAO, now my dad is buzzing me in his Cessna.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
                              What's considered a Boone and Crockett drone these days?
                              [emoji848]
                              Maybe this [emoji16]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I fully understand that shooting one down is against federal law.

And I fully understand that smoking, growing, selling, etc cannabis is a federal crime

If they don't enforce all laws then why should I feel the need to abide by the rest?

Keep your drone out of my air space!

BTW, as I understand it you are supposed to have sight of the drone when flying. So wouldn't that be breaking the law flying somewhere you are not supposed to be and not being able to see the drone?
                                Agreed. there needs to be more enforcement of the laws from the FAA. And the only agency that own any airspace int he US is the FAA. Keeping a drone in "line of sight" is a "best practice " and recommended by the FAA but not a law.

What is funny to me as I see more and more drones interact with people most people have the reaction of "eff drones" and they shouldn't be flying over my land but they don't have the same reaction to planes or helicopters? It is very interesting to me.

I wish more drone owners were responsible and the FAA did more against them but that is a long way off.

Comment

Working...
                                X