Flys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flys

Not mine but my son's. He was into carving wood baits but recently bought a fly vice.

I'm pretty impressed with just a couple weeks of tying after watching some YouTube

The jig in the crappie mouth was made of chicken feathers and an old sock before his supplies came in

Hes already managed to sell a few
    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dey look like some good uns

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Thats pretty dang cool!

Comment

Your son sure has talent making those flies. Only two weeks, and learned off YouTube, pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
            Your son sure has talent making those flies. Only two weeks, and learned off YouTube, pretty cool.
            Completely self taught. And he cranks out 4 or 5 pretty quick

Comment

Nice work! That blue and yeller popper is gonna pull some bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Completely self taught. And he cranks out 4 or 5 pretty quick

Impressive, some of us like your son got the talent, some like me just don’t. How did he learn carving those wood baits? Are they like bass plug crank baits, poppers, etc.?

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Nice work! That blue and yeller popper is gonna pull some bass.
                    X2

A good looking lure, that should get a big green mouth chomping down on it!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      Impressive, some of us like your son got the talent, some like me just don’t. How did he learn carving those wood baits? Are they like bass plug crank baits, poppers, etc.?
                      He started with some cut cedar I had here for mounts. Them mmoses gave us some hard wood blanks he had left over and a scroll saw.

On the wood stuff he just draws them out, cuts with scroll and gets after it with a Dremel and sand paper.

Hes made quite a few. Usually catches a fish on it and gives it away

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          He started with some cut cedar I had here for mounts. Them mmoses gave us some hard wood blanks he had left over and a scroll saw.

On the wood stuff he just draws them out, cuts with scroll and gets after it with a Dremel and sand paper.

Hes made quite a few. Usually catches a fish on it and gives it away

Nice plugs, good shape and good colors, what a talented son you got there. And that “catch a fish on it and give it away” is a cool attitude. You got an artist who loves to catch fish too, good luck to him.

Comment

Very neat

Comment

I was down to my last bass-killer and couldn't find any anywhere. Located a guy on facebook who ties and he made me a dozen---I'm good (but the bass have sore mouths).

Comment

Working...
                              X