Texans release JJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Has been released from the Texans dumpster fire.
    Maybe he should just bow out of the NFL dumpster fire.

Comment

Good for him!

I agree with the above as there's no wrong answer IMO. Go play for a contender or retire and move on to the next chapter in life.

Comment

I hate this franchise.

Comment

Chicago.. or somewhere close. Greenbay...Cleveland.

His wife was traded to the women's pro soccer team in Chicago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
            JJ makes too much to get a high draft pick in return in a trade. Most analysts say best case would've been 4th-6th rounder. Additionally, im of the opinion they should tear this whole thing down, but if youre in the corner of do whats necessary to get Deshaun back, freeing up cap space to get him more weapons is the first step. Letting JJ walk frees up 17MM.
            I hope the trade everything in the building with any value and go for the hard re-set. Go 2-14 the next two years and be ready to compete for a SB in 2026
            I wasn't thinking about the salary issue, so that would throw a wrench into getting a decent draft. That being said, I don't think getting a reworked contract would have been an issue with JJ, IF the trade would have taken him somewhere that he wanted to be. But therein lies the rub so I'm happy that JJ gets to choose where he goes, and I hope he wrecks the league and makes the idiots in control at Houston kick themselves in the butt

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Breaks my heart to see your team crumbling BB......
              The Saints are my team. Even the Saints can’t create a dumpster fire this well. Now, your cowgirls... they aren’t much better. How is that Dak attack working out? And, that high dollar fumbler lined up behind him?

JJ has earned and made big money. He deserves a chance with a good team before riding into the sunset.

Comment

Who the heck is JJ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                  Who the heck is JJ?

Former decent football player turned media whore.

Comment

I think they did better releasing him to free up the money, I like him he’s a good guy and was a great player. Did a lot for the community outside of football. That being said everyone kinda saying Houston ruined his career and all that is kinda bs nobody twisted his arm to sign the largest def contract at the time he got paid a lot of money for not a lot of games played so while he was hurt multiple years he was still getting paid like a top de in the league. Didn’t offer to restructure his deal then or at anytime by releasing him it helps the Texans more than what they would’ve gotten if anything in a trade. He will hopefully continue another couple of seasons and hopefully he injury free and wreck it somewhere else. I will still root for him I’d like to see him in hometown team Green Bay or in Pitt opposite of the brothers

Comment

As stated, there's not much trade value there with the high salary and let's be honest, JJ is on the back end of his career. Seems like a good mutual departing of the ways.

To be honest, if the right value is offered, I think the Texans should trade Watson as well. They are a bottom of the barrel dumpster fire right now. Might as well start over with a couple first round draft picks and players that might actually want to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                        I believe it shows that the Texans finally did something first class for a change. This gives him choices to pick his future rather than picking it for him. Go win a superbowl brother.
                        Hope he gets one or more.

Comment

Green Bay

Comment

So what if Watson asked to be release? Would it be ok then? Y’all are being wispy washy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                              Who the heck is JJ?

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Former decent football player turned media whore.
                              How about the guy that raised and distributed 41 million dollars for the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                                He'll go play with one of his brothers.
                                Both his brothers are at Pittsburg now so they could all three be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X