No announcement yet.

Wood Duck Roost Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine had some timber that stayed flooded next to his place back in the day in Athens and the wood ducks and mallards were like that all duck season. The mallards would get up and come land in the tanks on his place. Little 1/4 acre tanks with literally hundreds of ducks on each one pretty much every single day. I’ve never seen anything like that since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of, it's not right to hunt that way, but it's fine to hunt my way on this thread.

Comment

Had a couple spots very similar years ago. Loved to hunt them in bad weather. Birds would come in in small groups the last couple of hours. On clear days they liked to pile in at dark or just after. We would have a really good mix of birds. Woodies, mallards, gadwall, widgeon, and teal.

Comment

Very special place! Thanks for posting!

Comment

That's like a sore peck r right there.

Comment

Ain't no ducks in Texas. Nice video, Joe.

Comment

Boy does that bring back memories of my teenage years around the Richmond area. We had several lakes and slews that were loaded with Woodies. We would hunt them one evening a week and then leave them alone. The amount of birds coming in after shooting time would be incredible. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Great video. At one point I thought wow that's a lot of ducks and then more and more kept coming.

Comment

That was wonderful. Thanks. I miss duck hunting. Just aren’t any birds in our old haunts anymore.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories of a few special places I had access to as a teen growing up in Cypress back in the early 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        This place should be protected and not hunted like it's sacred grounds. We don't have very many of these Wood Duck Roosting places left.
                        I knew of 3 all in East Texas and all are now destroyed or shot up.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for sharing. Please preserve this gold mine of yours. I'd like to come and take some pictures out there one day. Maybe I'll sit on that point where I can see both sides.

Thanks again.
                        I love to kill ducks but... I have to agree with ^^^^^ statement take pleasure in being able to witness something like this. we have hunted many places that “USED” to be loaded like that, the older I get the more I wanna watch and not shoot🤷🏼*♂️cool sight and video for sure enjoy Mother Nature

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                          X