Wind and Solar Power in Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind and Solar Power in Texas.

Only one-third of proposed solar and wind projects in Texas could phase out coal entirely, but the state's aging electrical infrastructure is a major problem.

Seen that ,but I don't believe anything the liberal media puts out.

Comment

Horse ****!!

And if true, at what cost? Thousands of these stu[pid *** windmills already screw up the landscape and they want to add thousands more, **** that. Its a disgrace already

Comment

Transmission lines are going up everywhere and rebuilds have been happening for several years. That’s nothing new

Comment

All that is great until night time and the wind stops blowing... or until you really need electricity to heat your home and its cloudy and 12 degrees!! You all should have seen those dang windmills in South Texas last Feb. during the DEEP freeze we had! Those suckers came to a screeching halt and as the ice built up on the blades, they drooped down looking like ice covered palm trees! Unfortunately however, they are putting those suckers up by the hundreds every year and clearing acres and acres of land and installing thousands of solar panels (that don't work at night) Just how dang stupid do they think we are?!!

Comment

they're using "projects that have been proposed"....

so basically, if someone said, "we should be 18,000 windmills in houston, that went into their calculation. I can't believe people continue to chase this scam of an energy plan.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Horse ****!!

And if true, at what cost? Thousands of these stu[pid *** windmills already screw up the landscape and they want to add thousands more, **** that. Its a disgrace already
              This. You want clean energy ?
              Build three, Nuclear plants, up in the panhandle of Texas.
              So they can be protected, like area 51. And the need for these
              ugly windmills goes away. We'd need the state of Oklahoma,
              covered in solar panels, to take the place of of our power plants.
              Stand by for brown out's and a failed grid. Forever.

Comment

It’s a pro Beto anti Abbott article for the gov race.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  This. You want clean energy ?
                  Build three, Nuclear plants, up in the panhandle of Texas.
                  So they can be protected, like area 51. And the need for these
                  ugly windmills goes away. We'd need the state of Oklahoma,
                  covered in solar panels, to take the place of of our power plants.
                  Stand by for brown out's and a failed grid. Forever.
                  We’ve never figured out what to do with the nuclear waste. We currently store waste in barrels. That’s not a long term solution for 10,000 years! I’m all for it if they can figure that equation out.

Comment

If anyone thinks we don't need oil/gas/coal, take a look at this quick video. These windmills should only EVER be supplemental supply, at best. https://www.youtube.com/embed/mclv06jR_e0?autoplay=1

I attended an Energy Summit, just this week in Tyler. It was extremely informative, even for a guy that worked in oil and gas industry for 10 years. It was not a bash on wind and solar either...they talked about the positives of these also, but it is clear that these cannot provide enough source for the population. https://lifepowered.org/

This graph is an excellent illustration of what supplied (or didn't supply) our energy needs during the big winter storm of 2021.... https://www.dallasfed.org/research/e.../dfe0415c1.png
                    Last edited by jake03; 03-24-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Stupid man is bound to screw up what God created, they just can’t help themselves. They’ve been attempting just that for years. Everyone lives longer, people still having lots of kids, (even if they can’t afford them), and buying more crap every day. Now lest you think I’m just bloviating, I include myself also. I can’t understand why some folks think that we can just drop fossil fuels and go to “green” energy overnight. They can’t see the forest for the trees.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jake03 View Post
                        If anyone thinks we don't need oil/gas/coal, take a look at this quick video. These windmills should only EVER been supplemental supply, at best.

I attended an Energy Summit, just this week in Tyler. It was extremely informative, even for a guy that worked in oil and gas industry for
                        Curious if these type summits are open to anyone or do you need to be part of the industry and require an invitation l?? And did you link a video?
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 03-24-2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                          We’ve never figured out what to do with the nuclear waste. We currently store waste in barrels. That’s not a long term solution for 10,000 years! I’m all for it if they can figure that equation out.
                          Elon takes a couple barrels up with every launch, and sets them on a path to leave our solar system.
                          Lot more room in space than here, and I don't think we'll be colonizing outside our solar system anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Curious if these type summits are open to anyone or do you need to be part of the industry and require an invitation l?? And did you link a video?
                            The summit is put on each year by the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce. It is open to anyone, as far as I know...Just have to buy a seat or table and it is very affordable, compared to many conferences like this.

Sorry, I accidentally posted before I was done adding links....my original post has been edited to include links and more info.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Elon takes a couple barrels up with every launch, and sets them on a path to leave our solar system.
                              Lot more room in space than here, and I don't think we'll be colonizing outside our solar system anytime soon.
                              Interesting...I was just about to make a comment that we should send it off in space. Looks like we are already trying that. Guess my only concern would be what happens if one of the SpaceX rockets containing those barrels goes boom during launch/flight?

Comment

Working...
                              X