Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I want to get one with a blow gun.
    Me 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Old wives tale.
      Nope. It happens

Comment

Killed a few with a knife. They are still dead. Killed a few with a .22. Bow. Lost one with BB steel 20 yds while conservation goose hunting. Went back next weekend found same big boar. He took a few 00 buck shells before dropping. Found BB steel all over that big boy just embedded in the skin

Comment

I was checking cattle a while back on my sxs and this little boar was laid up behind a log as I went by. I saw the ears up above the log. I walked back to him and when he stood up I popped him behind the ear.

Comment

I’ve not successfully killed one with the quiet 710fps cci but Ive killed many with standard velocity. The 710fps doesn’t have enough penetration oooomf to knock ‘em down. Granted I mostly shoot 100lb+ pigs

Comment

My dad kills a **** load of them with 22 and I’m certain it is not within bow range either

Comment

If I was living in Keith Warren's shadow I'd rather shoot a baboon or giraffe with a .50BMG. That dude's pretty ridiculous. He does a lot of unnecessary crap.

Comment

Sub sonic hollowpoints.1 behind the ear.if they get up two behind the shoulder.Never had to get past this,50 yes and in.

Comment

I killed on with a boomerang one time. I may be lying.

Comment

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
                      The front of the skull is hard,.22s and larger calibers can skip off. Go for the ear hole or between the ear and eye from the side.
                      Old wives tale.
                      Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
                      Definitely not an old wives tale. Ive seen it happen to many times.
                      I've killed plenty with a 22 because I had to but, never purposely carried a 22 to hunt hogs.
                      Heck if you want to kill em with something just to say you did it, I suggest a big rock. Now that would be a camp fire story. Hah!
                      Of course you have.
                      Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
                      So tell me were it is listed in the book of Old wives tales so I can look it up. Do they sell that book even or is it your own personal copy? lol
                      Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      Nope. It happens
                      Peoples' experiences vary.

Comment

Keep in mind youre not always going to get an earhole shot..my experience. Not going to be stuck with a rimfire again

Comment

This is the biggest one I’ve killed with my 22, but I’ve killed piles of em all with cci standard velocity and hit between the ear and the eye. All of our feeders are between 75-100yds. Typically I can get 3-4 before they realize what’s going on. The only problem is once they start getting out past 125 or so that bullet starts dropping pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X