This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    ****, Harbaugh seems a better bet than Jimbo. 3 10 win seasons and a 9 in 6 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Why didn't you throw him a $8m lifeline when you had a chance? . .

I know, right . .
    Last edited by Sharecropper; 08-31-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      And he may suck at the next level. I wasn’t impressed in the state championship game. He got out played and it wasn’t close by the kid that signed with Clemson. Weigman is a better prospect too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He was playing with an injury that was severe enough that he was told to sit it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Trash schedule compared to Jimbo’s. [emoji51] And Jimbo would have won 10 plus in year 3 without a Covid year. He’s trending down. Gets curb stomped every year by tOSU. Ask Michigan fans

Without Covid last year Herman would have won 10 and would still be at Texas.

Those 3 losses could have easily been wins. 4 OT loss to OU. One play losses to TCU and Iowa State.

Part of the reason I am optimistic about this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Without Covid last year Herman would have won 10 and would still be at Texas.

Those 3 losses could have easily been wins. 4 OT loss to OU. One play losses to TCU and Iowa State.

Part of the reason I am optimistic about this year.

When you master the saying "wait till next year" you're an Aggie . . I feel your pain . . lol

Comment

Eh, the ags haven't had this much talent on the roster since early 90s. One more recruiting class and this may be the most talent top to bottom ever for Ags excluding maybe 1975 and the 50s with Bear Bryant etc. Regardless, it is a lot of money but what coach you going to hire in the market if you lose Jimbo that is good? I mean look at Texas or Auburn. They fired okay coaches and hired okay coaches. There isn't many proven winning coaches out there and Jimbo is ultra competitive. He didn't laydown and take his 75 million. The dude lives and breathes recruiting and X/Os. Plus he calls his own plays and has his own system that has won national championships.

The monopoly money now being made, what is throwing another couple of million at him and even Elko for that matter based on the last 3 years of results and the recruiting classes. Mack Brown has won so much because he can recruit. Look what he did at Texas stacking top class after top class and eventually broke through. At North Carolina he is slowly building a program up and is top 10.

If something happens to Jimbo, at least other top level coaches see the commitment to winning based on salary, facilities, conference, and great recruiting bed in Texas that it can be an attractive job to another high level coach one day.

Comment

Did I miss something? . . Jimbo's deal is 9 yrs $90m . . Doin my best Jethro gazentas math that makes $10m/yr . . Only Saban makes more . . Commitment to continuity . . Gig em . .

Comment

Well they are apparently thinking Jimbo will turn into the next Saban!! We shall see .

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                  Did I miss something? . . Jimbo's deal is 9 yrs $90m . . Doin my best Jethro gazentas math that makes $10m/yr . . Only Saban makes more . . Commitment to continuity . . Gig em . .
                  About to get on Texags and catch up on the news. Did they give Elko a raise? They need to back up the truck and make it hard for him to leave other than for a top level job. The defense is finally in a great spot after wandering the wilderness like the Israelites for what seemed like 40 years

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    About to get on Texags and catch up on the news. Did they give Elko a raise? They need to back up the truck and make it hard for him to leave other than for a top level job. The defense is finally in a great spot after wandering the wilderness like the Israelites for what seemed like 40 years
                    It said ALL personnel . . ?

Comment

No problem with the money and extension after A&Ms last three whiffs at finding the right coach.

Jimbo turned a culture around, recruits at a high level, knows how to develop players, and hires good assistants.

Comment

this evening... UAB vs. Jacksonville State (Montgomery, AL) 6:30 pm ESPN / ESPN Video.

Comment

There are a couple of watchable games tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                            When you master the saying "wait till next year" you're an Aggie . . I feel your pain . . lol
                            I never say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I love the confidence from the Ags on the season. Sounds like you guys are in for a fun season.

I am ready to see Texas take the field and see what they look like. Reports from the program are positive and have me feeling better than previous years, but I want to see them with my own eyes a few times to really see what is going on.
                              We are back! All gas, no breaks!! It's our year. [emoji1787][emoji1787] we are optimistic, but rightfully so. Many others that aren't wearing the maroon shades are pretty high on us too! We may faceplant, but I really don't think we will, but not ready to say we are going to win it all.

I do know that regardless, I'm ready for football! It's always interesting to see what teams shine and what teams don't. Especially when they are not expected too

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 1

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                That’s so Southlake it hurts! Setting himself up for failure..

Please explain how he’s setting himself up for failure. He’s going to make more money in one shot than most Americans will make in over 20 years. That’s enough money at his age that it can be turned into financial security for life. No matter what happens with his football career, he’s smart enough to capitalize now. What if he never takes a snap in a game? We’ll be talking about how smart he was to get paid when he could.

Comment

Working...
                                X