Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Home Advice- What do you wish you included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Ice and water Shield for roof underlayment (Composite and metal will need different products due to heat under metal roof) and Zip or Tyvek System for house wrap. All house wraps are not the same. For exterior Wall Sheathing I would use plywood for the first 2' on bottom and then move into OSB for rest unless I could afford to do it all in plywood.

Comment

Ice Maker - built in

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Keep furniture placement in mind when adding outlets. I wish our living room had a floor plug or two. It's semi-open which means the furniture isn't against walls so lamps are tricky and there's no way we could have electric reclining sofas. The more outlets the better and even consider the USB outlets so furniture can sit flush and you aren't searching for the USB port. We have a door to the patio in our master and with the patio layout it is just in the way of our bedroom furniture. Go bigger on your pantry and add a cleaning closet if you can or extra space somewhere to store brooms, vacuum and such. Jamb switches on those closets are very convenient too. I wish my kitchen had roll out trays, a trash drawer (since it won't fit in my pantry) and full overlay so I didn't have to fight putting a crock pot back in the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
            Keep furniture placement in mind when adding outlets. I wish our living room had a floor plug or two. It's semi-open which means the furniture isn't against walls so lamps are tricky and there's no way we could have electric reclining sofas. The more outlets the better and even consider the USB outlets so furniture can sit flush and you aren't searching for the USB port. We have a door to the patio in our master and with the patio layout it is just in the way of our bedroom furniture. Go bigger on your pantry and add a cleaning closet if you can or extra space somewhere to store brooms, vacuum and such. Jamb switches on those closets are very convenient too. I wish my kitchen had roll out trays, a trash drawer (since it won't fit in my pantry) and full overlay so I didn't have to fight putting a crock pot back in the cabinet.
            Shop kitchen cabinet organizers pull out at Lowe's. Find a variety of quality home improvement products at Lowes.com or at your local Lowe's store.

These chrome slide out gizmos are bad ***! They have big ones for crock pots and stuff, they have them for just about every size cabinet. Get the heavy duty ones. I use some in my hunting cabinet and have them loaded down with ammo and they still slide great.

The bottom ones are a pain to install, so buy that goon that lives in your house some extra beer, and tell him to get after it!
            Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-28-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
              They make battery packs specifically for electric furniture. I've had mine for 4 years. Charge about as often as you should change AC filters.

Comment

Getting ready to build a house and my only thing I'm requiring is a 4 car 23-25' deep garage. I need room for all of my toys

The rest momma gets to pick out and do as she wants with.

Comment

If you fellas ain’t figuring in a nice reloading room/bow room/man cave of choice you ain’t doin it right.

Momma got her pool she wanted. I in turn technically got 2 man caves in the house plus a 30x50 shop so it evened out I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buy a nice RV instead. Travel the countryside. Avoid property taxes

Comment

What do you guys think about foam insualtion? Any benefit for the cost? Have talked to couple builders and they say the cost isnt worth the little savings. So back and forth on using foam now.

Comment

winning lottery ticket.....

Comment

I had hot/cold water lines and a gas line ran to the outside back porch for a future outdoor kitchen. still on my list to complete but the connections are there.

Also had a strengthened room built thinking about a safe storage place for guns. It ended up being converted into a pantry. Strongest built pantry around. A safe room is a good idea and this is the right time to plan it.

Comment

A separate room that your wife doesn’t have the key to complete with a beer fridge, bed, full bathroom and TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X