No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went yesterday evening. Had a few errands to run and didn’t finish till about 1930. Figured I’d have about an hour with a headlamp. Got in the water. First cast, 22” red. Second cast missed a bite. Fished for 40 min time in to time out. Left with 2 17” trout and that one red. Released 5 ray reds and a couple dink’s. Fishing sand with mixed grass and a few rocks. Water was off color. 6-8” visibility.

Got up this morning a little late. It was a dink fest until I was about to walk out.
    Caught and released 30-35 dink’s. Kept 4 trout 16-19”. All caught in the last 20 min. Wife called and I tried telling her the bite was on... she wasn’t having it. Fished a mix of mud and shell. Clean water. 10-12” visibility.

To wet to go hunt tonight, so I’ll probably try and stick a few flounder if it isn’t pouring down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
      So I bought my map card from legends cartography about 2 years ago. So it says standard mapping on it so I’m not really sure who made it. It’s called Texas coast unleashed I’m pretty sure. But I can’t seem to find them online anymore.
      Have found the standard mapping online but it has 3 different models not sure if they all have the satellite images or not. The satellite imagery is a game changer for sure.

The one im looking at says standard mapping e card Texas one.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Have found the standard mapping online but it has 3 different models not sure if they all have the satellite images or not. The satellite imagery is a game changer for sure.

The one im looking at says standard mapping e card Texas one.

Believe there’s and East, West, and a Texas One which is entire coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to galvatraz in the morning. Do they have anything but sheep head and jacks?

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A day late and a dollar short I want togoto Aransas Pass

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Headed to galvatraz in the morning. Do they have anything but sheep head and jacks?

[emoji16]

Dude...you know better than that

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                It was a grind this morning. We should have scratched out a limit but came up a bit short. We lost a few flipping them into the boat but oh well. Lots of dinks. We ended up with 8. We had to leave a little early so with more time we would have got a limit. Real soft bite. You would just feel weight. Beautiful morning on the water though.

8 ain't bad! Some good eating there.

Comment

Theres a limit on pics for the month? Olly well

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Really tough bite on LLM yesterday afternoon. Upside is both kids caught their PB redfish.

Comment

Hey get off them rocks[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to take the family to Port A and stay on the water with the boat. Any advice on where to stay or fish? I’ve never been.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            I want to take the family to Port A and stay on the water with the boat. Any advice on where to stay or fish? I’ve never been.

My advice, take the family to Port Isabel with the boat. I’ll text you the link to the houses we stay at. On the water with a boat lift, cheap too.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              My advice, take the family to Port Isabel with the boat. I’ll text you the link to the houses we stay at. On the water with a boat lift, cheap too.
                              You're speaking my love language Phil!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Not in port a but on north padre about 20 min away.
                                Have the spinnaker condos that are on the canal with boat lifts/slips. Then theres some more as soon as you come ovet the JFK causeway by snoopys and docs. Green condos on the canal facing the Laguna. Not sure of the name on those by can be found on vrbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X