Question about US Law Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about US Law Shield

Trying to find out some information on US Law Shield, it sounds like a good resource for gun owners. Without trying to be nosey, was wondering who on the Green Screen use it, have used it, what is the good or bad on it? Is it as good as it sounds? Your thoughts..

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
    Trying to find out some information on US Law Shield, it sounds like a good resource for gun owners. Without trying to be nosey, was wondering who on the Green Screen use it, have used it, what is the good or bad on it? Is it as good as it sounds? Your thoughts..
    I pay for it and hope I never have to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      Kinda like ALL insurance.....[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar one for many years. What I paid in I could have afforded an attorney.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had them for a long time. It’s only $10 or so a month.

Comment

same

Comment

We've carried Texas Law Shield/U.S. Law Shield for years and, fortunately, have never had to avail ourselves of the legal defense benefit they offer. That said, I believe the $125-150(?) annual membership fee (per person) is a small price to pay for the peace of mind of knowing a civil or criminal defense attorney is only a phone call away...particularly when traveling out of state. That said, should things escalate, we'd likely call an attorney we know and trust in spite of the fact that Law Shield offers 100% coverage of your legal defense needs.

In addition to the above, Law Shield (in all its iterations, Texas- and U.S.-) seems to have curated what I believe to be a timely and relative knowledge bank so members can educate themselves on almost any topic related to personal carry of a firearm. They regularly send out topical articles via email or SMS and they also offer regular training classes and seminars either via webinar or live seminar to their members at a cost of $0.00 to $5.00.

Can't beat that with a stick, IMO.

Comment

One of our Officers had a different version of it that they have and was in a altercation with a Dept in a suburb in Houston. Thanks to his coverage with them he had a lawyer within hours and several months later won in court.

Comment

I've heard negative about them where they will drop paying members if the case isn't exactly perfect. But I don't know the people personally, so who knows if they were telling the truth, or what shades of gray there were in the case.

I had them for years and dropped them probably two years ago. Fortunately, we have enough in our emergency fund to cover the attorney costs.

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      I've heard negative about them where they will drop paying members if the case isn't exactly perfect. But I don't know the people personally, so who knows if they were telling the truth, or what shades of gray there were in the case.

I had them for years and dropped them probably two years ago. Fortunately, we have enough in our emergency fund to cover the attorney costs.
                      So, if you kill someone, how much to defend yourself?

Comment

I have had it for years. I have used it, but not in a criminal related manner. I've called with questions for their lawyer on a couple of occasions and spoke with an attorney right away.

Comment

Are you just putting a lawyer on retainer or is it insurance to cover any and all legal fees?

Comment

This, I got it a couple years ago because I was constantly in CO and LA for work and if anything were to ever happen I didn't want to have to worry about it. Almost canceled it last year but it's really cheap insurance. I also hope I don't die in the next 20 years or my house burn down but I pay for that insurance so why wouldn't I spend a couple bucks on US lawshield.

From what I understand the different companies offering the same thing are all pretty good, just pick one you like

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like it is a good deal to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X