insurance dragging out claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
    My dash cam was $45 on amazon. It records in 1080p. Got hit in Austin. When they called for my side of the story, I asked for an email address, sent the video while I was on the phone with them. Adjuster watched the video and 5 mins later I had an email advising they would be accepting liability based on the video.

You cant argue with video.
    I'd let them waste time trying to deny claim...then kick them in the nads by showing them the video.

Comment

My mom is 80 years old and was sitting at a redlight 2 weekends ago and a lady plowed into the back of the car behind her and smashing it into her pushing her through the intersection and into another car. Thankfully she was ok, got out of her car and walked awy, then car from the light changing didn't see her car with flashers on and smacked it again! Poor little PT Cruiser was a mess! State Farm had it totaled and her a check in 5 days, only waiting on the additional $500 for her deductible she will get when they settle with other vehicle insurances..... It was only a $6000 valued car, but they took great care of her quickly and she has a new car already! Good luck!

Comment

Gonna need to fix everything on your insurance and let them collect from the other company later.

We had one go all the way to arbitration a while back. Wife driving down the road and a guy backed into the side of her truck with his hitch while she's driving by. He was super apologetic over and over then his wife showed up and started taking pictures and yelling at the cop that he didn't back out or something. Anyhow, they had All State and they were claiming 0% liability so our company, Geico, had to go all the way to arbitration where they were hit with 100% liability and we got our deductible money back and Geico got reimbursed for what they paid out for repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
          If I deal with any insurance for any reason I hand it over to my lawyer and let them deal with it. Insurance companies are legalized crooks and I hate them worse than I Hate Biden so after to many times of getting the shaft I now shaft them every chance I get, no exceptions and I don’t deal with them at all.
          horse hock

couple grand a year to have hundreds of thousands of coverage or millions in coverage and they are crooks?
          Im betting they are a better value than the lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
            Switch to Texas Farm Bureau in your county....after this claim. They are awesome to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I had one claim on my Tractor.. They told me if there was another one they would drop me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              I had one claim on my Tractor.. They told me if there was another one they would drop me.
              Hmm....I've had a couple claims with them here in Montgomery county that both cost a few dollars. My insurance never increased from either of these claims which I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this the same car that was being totaled out for hail damage?

Comment

Had a claim with broken windshield with AARP, They take care of it. I had a $100 deduc
                  table. Upon renewable my insurance premium increased over $500. I asked why. Answer was : you had a claim. So why have insurance if the company keeps raising your cost if you have one claim in a year? They take your money and balk on minor claims. It is a game and we pay for it.

Comment

Oleman----- Insurance companies.................
                    Are not in business...... to lose money...............

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      So what happens is , when they deny the claim, my insurance takes them to arbitration. In arbitration, they will typically settle for 60-80% of the claim. Then my insurance sues the family for the remainder.
                      Be patient and let it play out.
                      Man I would hate to be on the wrong end of that- my insurance settle for less than necessary and the other insurance co. comes after me for the remainder? Ouch.

I have the higher 100/300/100 coverage, but that won't do much good if they just settle for less than needed.

Comment

If there is a police report be patient and they will probably accept liability. They do have to take a statement from their insured . If there is no police report, witness , and the kid tells them a different story you might have to file on your insurance. You will have a deductible if you do. Dash cams are getting very popular. I am a with Farm Bureau Ins if I can help anyone, just let me know. Good luck.

Comment

Took almost 6 months to get paid for a stolen truck. Insurance companies suck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            Man I would hate to be on the wrong end of that- my insurance settle for less than necessary and the other insurance co. comes after me for the remainder? Ouch.

I have the higher 100/300/100 coverage, but that won't do much good if they just settle for less than needed.
                            Yep, sad to say, that’s how Allstate works.
                            But on the other hand, when it was all settled, I walked away with a check big enough to pay cash for a brand new pickup (Tacoma) and still pocket 600 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                              Probably because the tractor coverage is only $130 for the whole year. Not much room to be paying out constantly with that.

Comment

One week is barely enough time to file the paperwork. Your adjuster and the guilty party’s adjuster (both usually 3rd party independent adjusters) have to come to an agreement on fault and to what degree. Texas is a comparative negligence state which means that once the two adjusters can determine who is 51% at fault they will turn it over to the guilty party’s carrier for payment. This process becomes infinitely more complex when there are injuries related to the accident, or even the possibility of an injury later. The carrier must look at the evidence and agree with the findings before cutting a check. I’m not saying it’s a perfect process, but to expect this to be resolved in a week will only disappoint you.

Comment

Working...
                                X