Webley Mark V Antique Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webley Mark V Antique Pistol

Anyone know what a Webley Mark V is worth? I have no need for it but looks to be a pistol that was in the WW1 error. Guy inherited it and wants to do some trading with me. Anyone on here interested in this type of pistol or know a value? Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

455 I assume. Packed a good punch about same as .45acp. Just didn't hold as many rounds. Early versions were for black powder. Newer models could use cordite and had a bit more power. You see a lot of them in old movie props.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      455 I assume. Packed a good punch about same as .45acp. Just didn't hold as many rounds. Early versions were for black powder. Newer models could use cordite and had a bit more power. You see a lot of them in old movie props.
      Cool info I appreciate the response. Is there any market for them? I am on the fence if I really want it because I am into firearms and Archery gear that I will actually use to hunt with haha, dont plan to really use it but want to make sure I am not passing up a Gem here

Comment

According to "Peaky Blinders", they were apt to go off without a trigger pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          According to "Peaky Blinders", they were apt to go off without a trigger pull.
          Oh wow, I guess I may pass on this deal haha. The trade value is about 600 bucks. Just was not sure if something like this was a great deal at 600 dollar value. I searched gun broker and things of that nature and there are some as high as 2k bucks so it had me pausing for a moment. If someone on here just had to have it let me know and Ill do the swap. Otherwise for now Ill pass I think. Thanks Brute Killer

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
            Oh wow, I guess I may pass on this deal haha. The trade value is about 600 bucks. Just was not sure if something like this was a great deal at 600 dollar value. I searched gun broker and things of that nature and there are some as high as 2k bucks so it had me pausing for a moment. If someone on here just had to have it let me know and Ill do the swap. Otherwise for now Ill pass I think. Thanks Brute Killer
            I wouldn’t give much thought to what some stupid tv show said. They know about as much about guns as I do nuclear fission. I didn’t even know you could fish for nukes……

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I wouldn’t give much thought to what some stupid tv show said. They know about as much about guns as I do nuclear fission. I didn’t even know you could fish for nukes……
                You must be talking bout that Baldwin guy.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                  Cool info I appreciate the response. Is there any market for them? I am on the fence if I really want it because I am into firearms and Archery gear that I will actually use to hunt with haha, dont plan to really use it but want to make sure I am not passing up a Gem here
                  Webleys were produced and used in service by the British from the late 1860's until around 1970. Pretty long time for a single style gun to be used so it must have been reliable. Depending on its age and previous occupation it might be worth a little or a lot. Get the serial number and run down it's history. Somebody out there on the web can tell you all about it.

Comment

I owned one of those for about a half hour.
                    Bought it at a gunshow and flipped it at the same gunshow. It was too long ago to remember or matter what the value was back then.

Comment

Working...
                    X