Antlers on a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antlers on a plane?

Anybody ever taken a set of antlers on a plane with them as a carry on?

Shot a buck this morning in Missouri and just got the skull cap to take back with me. TSA online says you can, but has anyone done it? And if so, how’d it go?

Depends how big/wide it is if you can fit it in the overhead or put it in a bag at your feet. I’ve carried-on an antelope head but they aren’t real big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do it every year when we travel back from Illinois and fly out of St. Louis. Usually not a problem. I let the wife carry them and if someone gives her any grief, she gets them lined out.

Comment

It’s fine I put a salted Dall sheep hide in my carryon backpack and strapped the horns to the outside and carried it on from Alaska to houston.

Make sure there’s no blood, they may give you a little grief, but it’s allowed.

Comment

Pool noodles on alll the points and it can go checked I know. Not sure Carry on. I brought my ibex from Tajikistan lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought this was going to be about a new movie coming soon. I`m out.

Comment

We did years ago when hunting south Texas flew back from SAn Antonio
              We put duct tape around the skull plate
              The Captain put them in the cockpit with him.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                Do it every year when we travel back from Illinois and fly out of St. Louis. Usually not a problem. I let the wife carry them and if someone gives her any grief, she gets them lined out.
                pics as proof that you can carry them on.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Gonna give it a try in the morning

Comment

In case anyone is interested, no issues flying with the horns on Southwest or with TSA. Had more problems with my backpack with the trail cameras in it.

Comment

i put my moose antlers UNDER the plane........but never carried any on. I would think they would say it could be a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                        In case anyone is interested, no issues flying with the horns on Southwest or with TSA. Had more problems with my backpack with the trail cameras in it.
                        Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

Years ago i worked for the Airlines. If u ever check ur Antlers make sure u tape the points up w/pool noodles or a hose. Non hunters don't care about Antlers or how much money u have in your gun case.

Comment

Working...
                          X