Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Howdy!

I've decided to replace my Food Saver, which is many years old and vacuums just fine and seals well but does not move from airtight to seal automatically. Since I'm using it more and more, I've decided it is time to upgrade.

What do you recommend that will not require a bank loan and is reliable?

Links to recommendations are much appreciated.

What's your budget? Eventually I'll splurge on entry level vacmaster or comparable chamber sealer.

Comment

Goes on sale frequently for 699.99

If youre tired of spoiled food, try MEAT!'s Vacuum Sealers. Choose from a selection of vacuum sealers and vacuum sealing supplies.

Go with oil system chamber sealer

Awesome

Comment

Shop VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer. Professional commercial-grade food storage vacuum packer. Vacuum seal liquids & liquid rich food. Free Shipping!

This is what I have and I'm very happy that I bought it back when they were "only" $700.

As mentioned before. Go with oil system. Go with chamber. And if you plan on sealing liquids, I will mention that the meat your maker sealer has a tinted lid. I don't like that because when I'm sealing liquids sometimes I have to stop the sealer to prevent liquids from bubbling out during the process.

Another positive about VP215 is the settings can be adjusted per second. Meat your maker settings are in 5 second increments. Not that big of a deal, but like to adjust my settings depending on what I'm sealing.

I use my seal all the time. It's awesome for giving friends left overs, sealing liquids that I'm going to be traveling with (don't have to worry about them spilling in the truck), and of course all of my processing needs. Even at the current cost, I think it's worth having.

Comment

My friend has a VP215 and its very nice! I'm most likely going to get one before we start processing everything at the end of the season. they are worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post

If youre tired of spoiled food, try MEAT!'s Vacuum Sealers. Choose from a selection of vacuum sealers and vacuum sealing supplies.

Awesome
            Yep buy once cry once. I was going through foodsavers left and right and decided to upgrade to a chamber vac. Best decision ever. Now I can vac pac soup n gumbo. Already packed 4 deer this year

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post

Awesome
              This is also what I have. My only regret is not buying g it sooner. If you vac/seal a lot it will pay for itself in a year just in bags.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mary and I have put up a lot of deer, turkey, dove, and fish with this one from Academy.
                Keep your food fresh for as long as possible using the LEM MaxVac 5.0 Vacuum Sealer. Featuring a powerful built-in fan and 1-handed operation, this vacuum sealer is...

Comment

I have a $100 nesco

Comment

Originally posted by bigblock78 View Post
                    My friend has a VP215 and its very nice! I'm most likely going to get one before we start processing everything at the end of the season. they are worth the money.
                    I have the same great sealer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So if I do not store many liquids, is there much of an advantage over those chamber seal versus vac-pack systems?

The cost of those systems is mind boggling. I was thinking more along the lines of what TX Kevin posted. But the chambers are interesting to me.
                      Last edited by Dusty Britches; 11-10-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I have a Vacmaster VP 230. Awesome product I’m very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          So if I do not store many liquids, is there much of an advantage over those chamber seal versus vac-pack systems?

The cost of those systems is mind boggling. I was thinking more along the lines of what TX Kevin posted. But the chambers are interesting to me.
                          I do a lot of vegetables and especially after blanching I would need to freeze on cookie sheets and seal later. This was to keep the seal dry to get a good bond. I don't do that anymore. I use the tool chest to store all of my bags etc. My bags average 5 cents each so money saved there

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another thing that I did not mention about the VP215... I'm blessed to go on a deer hunt where we get to harvest a lot of animals. This results in me putting up 200+ lbs of meat within a day. The VP215 handles the workload without issue. Normally I get tired before the machine does.

As for your comment about not sealing liquids... I didn't even think about it until I got a chamber sealer. I'm shocked at how often I am sealing liquids now that I have the ability to.

Ultimately I went for the quality chamber sealer due to large quantities being sealed whether that was deer or fish. The perks that came out of it that I was not expecting were sealing liquids, sealing left overs, sending home leftovers with our guest, traveling with sealed foods, marinades for meat, and even from time to time freezing groceries.

Comment

Been pretty happy with my LEM from academy. If I was doing a ton at once I'd probably get a better one but it's done well so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X