7prc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7prc

Saw today where Hornady officially launched the 7PRC. I was surprised to see that’s it’s actually in between the 6.5 and 300 in case size. I figured it would be closer or even just the 300 PRC necked down.

I’ve been a huge fan of the 6.5 PRC and have always been drawn to the .28s. Several gun manufacturers have it on their available offerings currently.

I’m really considering selling my Sako Finnlight 300 Win and getting one when they are available.

Just seems like a good balance of energy/velo in something that can be shot out of a 22-24” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i`m getting the itch for one also !

Comment

How does this compare to a 28 nosler?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
        How does this compare to a 28 nosler?

It’s more like a 7 Rem Mag so the 28 Nos still has the speed advantage. The 7PRC comes with 1:8 twist and is designed to handle it the heavies.

Comment

Hill Country Rifles has them available now with ammo.

Comment

Good write up on the 7prc vs some of the other more popular cartridges, including the 28 nosler

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
              https://backfire.tv/7mm-prc/

Good write up on the 7prc vs some of the other more popular cartridges, including the 28 nosler
              Looks like a dandy for wide open country !

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                Saw today where Hornady officially launched the 7PRC. I was surprised to see that’s it’s actually in between the 6.5 and 300 in case size. I figured it would be closer or even just the 300 PRC necked down.

I’ve been a huge fan of the 6.5 PRC and have always been drawn to the .28s. Several gun manufacturers have it on their available offerings currently.

I’m really considering selling my Sako Finnlight 300 Win and getting one when they are available.

Just seems like a good balance of energy/velo in something that can be shot out of a 22-24” barrel.

Its parent case is the 300prc/375 ruger.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                  Its parent case is the 300prc/375 ruger.

So is the 6.5 PRC. I figured the 7 would be essentially a necked down version of the 300. But they shortened it as well just not as much as the 6.5PRC

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    So is the 6.5 PRC. I figured the 7 would be essentially a necked down version of the 300. But they shortened it as well just not as much as the 6.5PRC

Ah I understandwhat you mean. I guess I dont refer to the 300prc the parent case of the 6.5.

Comment

Main difference in this round is it is built around shooting heavier modern bullets that are more efficient. This requires more room in chamber ahead of the shoulder to fit bullets out of the case/powder column while still fitting long action magazines. It is pushing a 180 ELDM at 2900 out of a 22” barrel. Not designed to be a speed demon but it will be accurate. If you’re chasing speed, stick with the 26 Nosler…

Comment

Should also add that all 7PRC barrels are now an 8 twist whereas previous 7’s were a 1:9 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          Should also add that all 7PRC barrels are now an 8 twist whereas previous 7’s were a 1:9 at most.

Absolutely, I thought I included that in my OP but I left out that important detail. Thanks for adding it.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Do it! I just had a 7sprc built by McWhorter. It is the 6.5 necked up to 7mm. I am getting a hair over 2900 fps with a 175 eldx with a 23” barrel. This should be a really good factory offering.

Comment

Working...
                              X