Bass Pro isn’t what it once was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass Pro isn’t what it once was

I ordered a ladder stand online and got it shipped to the store here in San Antonio. The order was placed on August 15th. I received zero confirmation emails, tracking numbers, notification emails, or anything regarding this order.

After getting in touch with the customer service rep in the store I was told “I’m going to be honest, our online ordering system is the worst it’s ever been. Your order has been placed, it could have been shipped already, but I’ve got no idea where it is or when it will get here”. So I’ll give the little fella points for honesty.

The last two weeks I’ve been trying to find my package. I finally got ahold of corporate customer service today and I was told that the package has been at the store ready for pickup for 5 days. No phone call, no email, no nada.

They just lost me, which won’t matter to them a bit. It’s become the Walmart of outdoor stores

Had the same thing happen in the last month with subsonic 22 shells! I did get an email when i placed the order but never received it shipped to store. Called corporate and they said it has not shipped yet. 10 minutes later get an email stating it was at store and ready for pick up. Frustrating for sure.

Comment

It has been this way for a LONG time imho.

Comment

This doesn't help since it was an in store pick up but after a truly idiotic experience with trying to order a reveal camera online from Cabelas my #1 outdoor webshopping is scheels.com

Comment

Haven't ordered anything from Bass Pro/Cablea's in 10+ years. They suck.

Comment

I'm in on this. The Academy in CC has more reloading stuff than the SA basspro.

Comment

Huh, well, I’ll check back in a couple of weeks because I ordered two Reveal X Pro cameras as an early Christmas gift for my youngest brother yesterday since 3 of his 4 Moultrie cameras decided to stop working. I did have them shipped to me instead of the store though so there could well (I hope anyway) be a difference.

Here’s to hoping they’re trying to encourage online orders shipped to you but I guess we shall see, expected delivery September 12-14. They mess it up, I’ll cancel and go back to Scheels.

Comment

That's why I've gotten to the point that I don't order anything online anymore. If I can't find it in a store, I dont need it that bad.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  …….They just lost me, which won’t matter to them a bit. It’s become the Walmart of outdoor stores
                  I have ordered a few times from Walmart for delivery (especially during the covid shutdown but at other times) and sometimes for in store pickup and have never had a problem.

Geez… when they get below Walmart…….

Comment

Bought from them last week only because I had a gift card. The hunting gear at academy is better than bass pro at this point and cheaper too. Sad that in the giant city of houston we don't have anything better.

Comment

Its an excellent place to get your truck broken into and everything inside stolen..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Its an excellent place to get your truck broken into and everything inside stolen..
                        I thought Academy held that title!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I thought Academy held that title!!! LOL!
                          They are the runner up.. My DAD, rest his soul, had the electric mirrors stolen off of his brand new 09 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 at Academy. He parked a ways out as to not get a door ding and security footage showed two guys pull up and pop his mirrors off as he was still walking in..

Comment

I had a gift card for bass pro and stopped in a few weeks back. I haven’t been there in a few years, even though I live in San Antonio. I must say, I was less than impressed with what they had on the shelves and even less impressed with their prices. The whole time you’re in there you keep thinking about your vehicle getting broken into. I haven’t been recently, but have heard from others that Cabela’s in Buda is about the same. Wish they would open a scheels in the area.

Comment

No breaking news here.

Comment

Working...
                              X