Snake Boots or Reg Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake Boots or Reg Boots

So on Dove opener my snake boots finally died. Sadly my insulated hunting boots died the prior year.

My question to everyone is should I get another pair of snake boots or just a regular uninsulated hunting boot? These boots will be my go to for hog hunting, dove, working around the lease, maybe some hunting as well.

I do have a pair of rubber boots I use for archery as well.

How many snake bites did the snake boots save you from?
    For me, I just wear my everyday leather boots. Snakes never tried to bite through them yet.

Comment

Regular work boots will stop any snake bite that hits them. I wear snake boots because they will also stop most thorns that stick me above my work boots.

Comment

I figure better safe then sorry, snake boots aren’t that much more expensive then a good pair of insulated boots, I wear snake boots

Comment

Thanks! Those replies are what I'm thinking too. Never had an issue and saves me from buying 2 pairs of boots...but better safe than sorry...etc.

Comment

I wear snake boots for everything other than deer hunting, but I hunt very different areas for all other compared to deer hunting.

That being said, my Danner Pronghorn snake boots could be worn at all times as they are that comfortable, except where you might want a rubber boot for wetness.

Comment

I always wear my snake boots when I’m at the ranch. I will say this though, the rancher, who has lived in the brush country his whole life, and his foreman and hands don’t wear snake boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd get a new pair of snake boots or at a minimum snake gators.

Comment

Snake boots for me, all the time. Those with the Kevlar shaft (think Chippewa) are better for all-day wear, in my experience. They are much lighter than all leather boots.

Comment

I do neoprene mud/water boots for everything.

Comment

I always start out every dove season with my snake boots and it last about 2 days before I go back to regular work boots

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                        Regular work boots will stop any snake bite that hits them. I wear snake boots because they will also stop most thorns that stick me above my work boots.
                        This, if I wear them it’s for the thorn protection more than snakes

Comment

It’s a minimal investment!Click image for larger version

Name:	CAF78FA6-33F2-4ED8-8445-9929214A83BB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	24691960

Comment

It only takes one time! You’ll be very upset with yourself if you end up needing them and don’t have them.

Comment

i want a pair of lightweight, waterproof if possible, uninsulated snake boots. but i was blessed with very large calves. so i rarely buy cowboy\work boots with higher than a 12" top, because they rub

a zipper would be nice, but don't those wear out or get crapped up easy?

suggestions?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X