Milkweed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milkweed

I grabbed a little milkweed seed pod a couple of weeks ago, just found it in my truck, I don't need it. A little baggy full, enough for several hunts.
    Anybody near Cypress need it? PM me for address and I can leave it by the mailbox, Pick it up whenever you can get by.

I’ve heard of milkweed seeds for monarch butterflies but not for hunting. Curious what do you use them for.

Comment

Wind checker…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good on you OP. I JUST bought some off eBay.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I grabbed a couple pods the other day as well. Never really knew how good it was until watching The Hunting Public

Comment

What do the pods look like? Can’t ever find photos online

Comment

Nice gesture

Comment

On a semi related note, I haven't come up with a storage/deployment system for milk weed that I am in love with yet. Thinking about adding a patch of hook side velcro somewhere that is easy access put not likely to get rubbed against. The milk weed should be able to be rubbed into the velcro very easily deployed blindly. I have not tested this yet.

Comment

Another good wind checker is just yarn. Tie a piece to your bino harness and pull some strands off and let them float.

Comment

But in all fairness when you posted "Milkweed", I thought you were referencing Miclo from Blood in Blood out.....

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      What do the pods look like? Can’t ever find photos online

Not ready when green like in the first pic.

Comment

I only have a tiny bit left….. I have several water bottles full I keep in my console that I refill from
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          On a semi related note, I haven't come up with a storage/deployment system for milk weed that I am in love with yet. Thinking about adding a patch of hook side velcro somewhere that is easy access put not likely to get rubbed against. The milk weed should be able to be rubbed into the velcro very easily deployed blindly. I have not tested this yet.
                          Mines made by lone wolf. Powder in one side ( I never use anymore) milk weed container on other. Looks small ( like it will hold a stack of about 5 nickels) but it last 4-5 hunts… and I throw a lot of it

Comment

Off web site
                            Attached Files

Comment

I also feel like its important to mention that if you handle pods that aren't dried enough, it may irritate your skin, face and eyes pretty bad so handle with care.

Comment

Working...
                              X