Smallest Pond You've Killed Ducks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the smallest pond you've duck hunted? I created a .75 ac pond thats 6" deep at my land this year and looking forward to hunting it this year.

I’ve killed then off a half acre pond. Don’t expect to be successful but maybe one or two times a season on a pond as small as yours.

Comment

My son and I will hunt the 40 foot wide right of way at our lease with water a foot deep for wood ducks.

Comment

Fluke deal for sure, but I have killed redheads on a pond I could dang near spit across.

Comment

My son and I did good on this private pond in January last season. This was the only time the pond was hunted all season.

Comment

We have killed limits in bodies of water I would classify as "big puddles"

Comment

We had two cow ponds on a lease that werent anymore than 60'x60' that we killed truck loads of ducks on. If they want in, they want in

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                We have killed limits in bodies of water I would classify as "big puddles"
                Same!

Comment

I've killed them on 20-30 yard diameter ponds. Typically gadwalls that load on them after duck weed. The problem is they tended to all come in one big rush so it makes for a quick morning. But there would commonly be 30 or more birds on it.

Comment

If there are ducks and there is water, they will find it.
                    That has been my experience. I have jumped ducks on small creeks you could step across many a time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcksm1zGD0"]"Rabbit Season VS Duck Season" (From "Rabbit Fire", 1951) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I killed ducks every sit on a pond that was 1/4 acre, little bitty sucker but the teal loved it.

Comment

Killed these mallards on a water pocket about half the size of a 1/8 acre subdivision lot and ankle to shin deep water.. It wasn't real far from a big lake but they liked this waterhole surrounded by oaks and loaded with acorns. I think we brought 6 dekes. It was a fun shoot. Retrieving pothole mallards on dry grass while wading was different .[emoji23]

Last edited by Smart; 10-25-2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Six inches deep is your downfall. :-)

Comment

I killed some on a little pond once. Those kids playing on the swing and the lady at the edge of the pond with a sack of bread, lit out of there like they had a rocket tied to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X