? about Covid and Death Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about Covid and Death Certificates

Probably a question for a lawyer, but here goes.

I have seen a couple of threads on TBH and other reports on the interweb about the majority of people dying now is blamed on Covid if they test positive.

Here is my question.

A person comes in with a gunshot and dies at the hospital. During the process of determining the exact cause of death, they tested positive for Covid and that is what is put as the cause of death on the Death Certificate. The perp is found, indicted and taken to trial. The defense lawyer brings up the cause of death as Covid and not a gunshot, does the shooter walk.

One thread one here recently said as much. Victim brought in with a gunshot to the head, dead, but tested positive for Covid amd that is on the Death Certificate.

Is this out of the realm of possibility or could happen or has happened in this crazy year of 2020?

Conspiracy theories are easily debunked.

Comment

I don’t care how incompetent the coroner is, they are not going to list Covid as the cause of death in that example. However, I have seen numerous examples where Covid is listed as the cause of death under very questionable circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
        Conspiracy theories are easily debunked.
        Not when you have antibodies to reality ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          I don’t care how incompetent the coroner is, they are not going to list Covid as the cause of death in that example. However, I have seen numerous examples where Covid is listed as the cause of death under very questionable circumstances.
          This hear however a coroner would not be used in a death at a hospital. They sign and determine their own death.

One thing I would like to bring up is the fact that major metropolitan areas have a higher death rate. If you look at Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio they are the “big areas” of the state. Yea they have more people but they also have better medical facilities. Where to people from the middle of no where get transported to for help? The big cities. If the pass while there it’s a stay for the city.

Comment

In Colorado in one county 40% of the COVID deaths also had gun shot wounds. Follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
              In Colorado in one county 40% of the COVID deaths also had gun shot wounds. Follow the money.
              Got a source for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Got a source for that?

I saw it on fox news

Comment

Recently a guy fell off a ladder and it was listed as a covid death. When questioned on it the reply was he could have fallen because of covid.
                  I guarantee there are people on this forum that have had family members that died listed as covid when they know they did not die from covid.
                  And if it is so easily treatable which we see that it is, why does anyone die from covid alone, they probably don't.

Comment

George Floyd also had COVID so I guess it depends on who is benefiting from the death

Comment

Take a minute to read the original CBS Denver News story that is the source.
                      The Grand County coroner is calling attention to the way the state health department is classifying some deaths.

Look at the definitions CDC uses. They have 2 categories:
                      1. Deaths due to COVID-19 and
                      2. Deaths among COVID-19 cases (people who had COVID when they died but COVID not listed as cause of death on the death certificate).

If both gunshot victims had COVID then it looks like they were designated correctly as “Deaths among COVID cases”.

It does not look like anyone said that COVID caused their deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                        George Floyd also had COVID so I guess it depends on who is benefiting from the death
                        To be fair, George Floyd tested positive for antibodies...he had Covid but had recovered

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                          To be fair, George Floyd tested positive for antibodies...he had Covid but had recovered
                          Maybe not!
                          The most commonly reported long-term symptoms include:

Fatigue
                          Shortness of breath
                          Cough
                          Joint pain
                          Chest pain
                          Other reported long-term symptoms include:

Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
                          Depression
                          Muscle pain
                          Headache
                          Intermittent fever
                          Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
                          More serious long-term complications appear to be less common but have been reported. These have been noted to affect different organ systems in the body. These include:

Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
                          Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
                          Renal: acute kidney injury
                          Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
                          Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
                          Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood

Add in George Floyd was a chronic meth user, IMO he was a walking dead guy

Comment

When my wife died of cancer last month the first thing I looked for on the death certificate was the cause of death. It was labeled correctly thank goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                              Always read the linked sources in news articles.

The Grand County coroner is calling attention to the way the state health department is classifying some deaths.

The CDC requires reporting of deaths DUE to Covid and separately deaths AMONG confirmed Covid cases.

The county had 5 deaths among people with Covid, 3 dies DUE to Covid, 2 died DUE to gsw but they were absolutely AMONG confirmed cases so they had to be reported as such.

Fox News and Townhall lied to you in the best way, by telling a technical truth in a misleading way.

Comment

Working...
                              X