X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 grain broadheads

Do you shoot 200 grain broadheads?
    If so, which one do you shoot?

I have a bunch of them, unfortunately haven’t had the chance to test any on animals, but here’s a list of what I have and have tested for flight and into my targets.
    Rms cutthroats-single bevel, wide, and three blades - all super easy to sharpen and take a great edge - 3 blades are by far the easiest of the group - my opinion these have the biggest bang for the buck at $65 for 3, and the guys at rms are some of the best in the business.
    Iron wills- made very well, but would be harder to Sharpen, have a total of 16 angles to hit
    Vpa-3 blades - again easy to sharpen but I like the design and robustness of the cutthroat three blade more
    Northern-2 blade double bevel- good head but mostly a throwaway and not super durable due to aluminum ferrule
    Werewolf-honestly look like wicked heads but I havent shot them again cocerns for durability with aluminum ferrules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t technically shoot 200’s but I do shoot the 225 Helix, great heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot VPA 2 and 3 blades at 200 gr. Extremely durable heads, but I always had trouble getting the 2 blades sharp enough to hunt with. I have also shot the Grizzlystik Samurai 200 gr single bevels. Razor sharp out of the box, but the blades were destroyed after shooting them through pigs. You can send them back for warranty replacement, but I considered that a pain... I have never experienced a VPA failure

Comment

depending on yoour budget, do not overlook Iron Will broadheads. I don't want to pay that much for them, but they are incredible heads!

Comment

Was actually looking at VPA's new 2 blade and the maasai 2 blade. Will be first time shooting a 200 grain head other than the field tips i used testing out new arrow setups.

Comment

Tuff Head is releasing or has recently released a new line of broadheads... look at them!!! my opinion on grizzlystik is that they are awesome heads, incredibly sharp and very lethal, but I like a head that I can sharpen and re-use over and over again.

Comment

GrizzlyStik Masai is my only head at 200 grains. Single bevel steel. Been in my quiver for at least 20 animals worldwide to date. Whitetail to Cape Buffalo to moose!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always used Muzzy Phantoms two blade coc.. The problem is finding them. I'm glad I bought enough when they were available.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    GrizzlyStik Masai is my only head at 200 grains. Single bevel steel. Been in my quiver for at least 20 animals worldwide to date. Whitetail to Cape Buffalo to moose!

Out of curiosity, have you ever been able to reuse your heads after taking an animal? I really was impressed by Grizzlystik heads, but I hunt a lot of pigs and had a problem with the head chipping and breaking. I never shot the Masai, but did use the samurai... durability was my only knock on the heads, but that is mainly because of my budget and the fact I wasn't hunting trophy animals.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                      Out of curiosity, have you ever been able to reuse your heads after taking an animal? I really was impressed by Grizzlystik heads, but I hunt a lot of pigs and had a problem with the head chipping and breaking. I never shot the Masai, but did use the samurai... durability was my only knock on the heads, but that is mainly because of my budget and the fact I wasn't hunting trophy animals.
                      I have always resharpened the Masaii. Very few chips after hitting rocks, never bent or broke one. I am sure it can happen but I have not seen it. I don't hog hunt per se but when in hog country I have slick trick magnums.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        I have always resharpened the Masaii. Very few chips after hitting rocks, never bent or broke one. I am sure it can happen but I have not seen it. I don't hog hunt per se but when in hog country I have slick trick magnums.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to order a pack of the masai to try out. The out of the box sharpness always amazed me!

Comment

Zepher Sasquatch

Comment

Masai overkill (the red ones), I like them, haven’t had issues yet but I’m assuming the aluminum ferrule will cause issues at some point. But have killed with it and came out good as new

Rms cutthroat, fly good and are tough but for the life of me can’t get them to sharpen

I’d buy iron will wide, solids, or wide solids. or the new tuffheads if I was buying today

Comment

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
                              Was actually looking at VPA's new 2 blade and the maasai 2 blade. Will be first time shooting a 200 grain head other than the field tips i used testing out new arrow setups.
                              I just bought some 175gr Kayuga Gen 2 Pilot Cuts, but havent got to try them out on an animal yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X