Wait... Don't take the bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... Don't take the bait

The pistol brace rule hasn't hit the registry yet which will start the 120 day clock. Several lawsuits are being prepared that should stop it in it's tracks.
    The "free" tax stamp is a fraught with loopholes and traps that aren't worth taking the chance.

Also Just learned BATF has changed their policy on allowing anyone not listed as the registered owner possessing your NFA item.

Now letting someone even in your direct presence possess it i.e. let them "try it out" is a felony.
    They take it a step further to include "constructive possession" i.e. you set it down on a bench between you, they could theoretically be considered "in possession".
    And you as the registered person making it available could also be charged.

Comment

And what about all the people that have SBR stamps already?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
        And what about all the people that have SBR stamps already?
        I haven’t seen anything that would affect those other than the possible 922 compliance issue on imports.

That’s a good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Also Just learned BATF has changed their policy on allowing anyone not listed as the registered owner possessing your NFA item.

Now letting someone even in your direct presence possess it i.e. let them "try it out" is a felony.
          They take it a step further to include "constructive possession" i.e. you set it down on a bench between you, they could theoretically be considered "in possession".
          And you as the registered person making it available could also be charged.
          where is that at?

Comment

If “they” have not approved it within 80 (might be 88?) days, it becomes automatically DENIED, then you will be automatically a felon! Don’t believe me, read it for yourself. BTW, there is absolutely NO way “they” can process more than a handful within the deadline. I don’t have a dog in this hunt but I do support the 2A!

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
              where is that at?
              It's in their FAQ page in response to a question about allowing their buddy try out their NFA item.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                If “they” have not approved it within 80 (might be 88?) days, it becomes automatically DENIED, then you will be automatically a felon! Don’t believe me, read it for yourself. BTW, there is absolutely NO way “they” can process more than a handful within the deadline. I don’t have a dog in this hunt but I do support the 2A!

Micheal
                The background check is 88 days. Not that tax stamp. It very possible they can do background checks in 88 days.

That being said. The ATF thinks everyone who owns these is already a felon and they are giving grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  It's in their FAQ page in response to a question about allowing their buddy try out their NFA item.
                  just saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    The background check is 88 days. Not that tax stamp. It very possible they can do background checks in 88 days.

That being said. The ATF thinks everyone who owns these is already a felon and they are giving grace.
                    So if you dont register then you are a felon. If you do register and give them all the info required and the background check does not get done in 88 days you are a felon. If you are a felon and you have other firearms then you are a felon in possession of firearms and they could conceivably confiscate those also even though you have not been convicted yet or if they wait for a conviction then they could or you will have to get rid of them. Its brings up lots of ifs and posibilities.

Comment

I know, don’t trust the police and especially the alphabet squad

For informational purposes only….

The ATF has a law that says anything submitted to the ATF to comply with an NFA tax request/application cannot be used against a person in a criminal proceeding.

Carry on…

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

The ATF has a law that says anything submitted to the ATF to comply with an NFA tax request/application cannot be used against a person in a criminal proceeding.

Carry on…
                        But but but the conspiracy theory could be wrong?!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Carry on…
                          This banana republic has laws that the government has to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                            So if you dont register then you are a felon. If you do register and give them all the info required and the background check does not get done in 88 days you are a felon. If you are a felon and you have other firearms then you are a felon in possession of firearms and they could conceivably confiscate those also even though you have not been convicted yet or if they wait for a conviction then they could or you will have to get rid of them. Its brings up lots of ifs and posibilities.

This…you are essentially “telling” on yourself that you possess it and hoping they get your background check done in 88 days. Then if you are denied ATF has already made public comment that they will take enforcement action. I don’t have a dog in the fight but it’s a hot mess that does not favor the firearm owners. Hopefully someone can get it stopped before anything happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              This banana republic has laws that the government has to follow?
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X