ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Keep in mind, this is the caliber of ATF agent that might come knocking at your door.

(Language)

https://youtu.be/nwPEtFNZpiI
    That video always makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Keep in mind, this is the caliber of ATF agent that might come knocking at your door.

(Language)

https://youtu.be/nwPEtFNZpiI
      One of the greatest videos of all time!! LOL

Comment

Wanna bet the court determines the AFT doesn't have the authority to waive a tax and everyone (who complies) will have to pay it anyways? Law enforcement agencies are not taxing authorities. No Free Cheese... LOL

Kinda like the court said Biden didn't have the authority to waive student loans

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          I registered my AR pistol yesterday. I plan to just put a stock on it and make a legit SBR. I did it online through the eForms as an individual and it didn't charge me for a stamp and was pretty simple. I'm mailing my prints in today. We'll see how it goes, but they didn't ask for any proof of when it was purchased, etc.
          IMHO…. Registration Leads To Confiscation

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
              IMHO…. Registration Leads To Confiscation
              People have been registering SBR's and supressors for years and haven't had any issues. I'm not saying there may not be issues down the road, but the truth is every gun you've ever bought new, there's a record of it. They may as well all be registered as it is honestly.

Comment

People have been registering SBR's and supressors for years and haven't had any issues. I'm not saying there may not be issues down the road, but the truth is every gun you've ever bought new, there's a record of it. They may as well all be registered as it is honestly.
                There is a record. But the atf doesn't know what you got unless your FFL went out of business.

And all that record shows that at some point you had it.

NFA tells the atf, make, model, barrel length, caliber, location, exactly who you are.

Easy to see that's a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                  There is a record. But the atf doesn't know what you got unless your FFL went out of business.

And all that record shows that at some point you had it.

NFA tells the atf, make, model, barrel length, caliber, location, exactly who you are.

Easy to see that's a huge difference.
                  Maybe so...I guess what I'm getting at, is I'm not concerned if they know or not. I just wanna build a supressed SBR and this will save me $200. If for whatever reason my stamp is denied, I'll put a full length upper on it and make another rifle. It sucks and it's a BS ruling and an infringement..I get that and there's no arguing it.

There's millions of these out there, and millions of lawfully owned rifles that people have stamps for. I personally know our local ATF guy (yes, we only have one for 3 counties), and they stay stupid busy with bigger fish than this. Local law enforcement doesn't have the manpower to enforce it and the majority won't anyway. I fell pretty safe applying for a stamp.

Comment

What is the general consensus now? Are these three legal?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I’ll believe until this is unraveled in the courts that this is a nefarious move to entrap Americans into being felons.

If I had any of these I would not willingly register them just to save $200.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I’ll believe until this is unraveled in the courts that this is a nefarious move to entrap Americans into being felons.

If I had any of these I would not willingly register them just to save $200.

x2

To add its going to be nearly impossible to track down all the stripped lowers that were bought and built as pistols. At best the alphabet squad could subpoena pistol kit/barrel sales records from places like PSA and other online dealers

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          x2

To add its going to be nearly impossible to track down all the stripped lowers that were bought and built as pistols. At best the alphabet squad could subpoena pistol kit/barrel sales records from places like PSA and other online dealers
                          Yup, like they recently did with Rainier Arms for 80% frames.

Obviously, This would be a little more difficult for them though. I can't see that being feasible unless they had the support of local LEO. Even then it's iffy.

Comment

for an ar... .. put a $200 16" upper on it , leave the rest as is .. it's now configured as a rifle and they can go pound sand! ... the end!

Comment

According to their "Ruling" the top would be considered illegal because of the foam is my understanding.. but the other two are not. lol its all bs.

Comment

According to the 2nd Amendment……..Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X