No announcement yet.

ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the ATF knows this will be tossed out in court.

There is already precedent on braces. And if the 40m number is correct it’s definitely in common use. Also as I understand it, there are only (8) processors for Form 1. If my math is correct, if each form was processed in 1 minute, it would take 69 +/- YEARS to process all of the forms. That ain’t gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

There is already precedent on braces. And if the 40m number is correct it’s definitely in common use. Also as I understand it, there are only (8) processors for Form 1. If my math is correct, if each form was processed in 1 minute, it would take 69 +/- YEARS to process all of the forms. That ain’t gonna happen.

Yeah they are just hoping for some voluntary registration in the meantime.

Since the ban on bumpstocks, less than 1k have been turned in. They estimate about 500k of them are out there LOL. If there's 40m braces out there sheesh

Comment

A guy calculated in on Reddit and came up with like 80 years. lol what a joke. nothing more than a fear tactic to start a registry..

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
          A guy calculated in on Reddit and came up with like 80 years. lol what a joke. nothing more than a fear tactic to start a registry..

Yeah they are trying to see how many sheep will voluntarily jump and register their property because well you know, it’s free.

Comment

I saw one of the YouTube (real) lawyers bring that up. It was something like, well they just increased their workload by few decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              The way I see it is this: If you don’t sign up for the “amnesty” and you get caught with the now illegal firearm you are SOL. If you own suppressors, they already have given you the a**l exam and know as much about you as your mother knows, (maybe more). Tell me where I’m wrong.
              Why not just be patient and see what happens vs being part of this De Facto gun registration, which is exactly what it is. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that they have you right where they want you if these are your thoughts.

Comment

Yeah they are trying to see how many sheep will voluntarily jump and register their property because well you know, it’s free.

While I agree with that premise, I am still wondering about the logic.

How many people on TBH have an NFA machine gun, SBR, SBS or suppressor?

How many threads and comments have we seen asking how long the paperwork will be on their suppressor, SBR, etc? How do they get a trust for an NFA, how can it be modified to add people, etc?

So apparently plenty of people have NFA items which are absolutely registered and plenty more have inquired about it.

So now a person can basically have a registered NFA SBR (pistol with a stock/ race) for free or the same person can say, you’re not going to fool me by getting me to register my brace to make an SBR for free. I’m falling for that scam requiring me to register it, I am going out and getting a $200 stamp to get an SBR and register it!!

Comment

I’m kinda wondering if they aren’t doing it to slow down NFA purchases as well. The wait time will be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    I’m kinda wondering if they aren’t doing it to slow down NFA purchases as well. The wait time will be insane.
                    kill 2 birds with one stone ... it will be a decade before it gets approved ... mean time yall are felons anyways , and they got all your info , your serial number , your address etc .... and now they can blame this volume to kill suppressors and MG for years ....

my recommendation , take the brace off .. wrap it in plastic , vacuum seal or whatever and bury it in your backyard till this nonsense blows over ...

they's not going to come dig up your backyard to find a brace...
                    or give it to a friend or family member to hold ... or get a po box or a locker .. just somewhere you can get to later...

unless you break the law and they find it due to a warrant , they'll never know .. and if you do get a warrant, you probably got bigger problems already.

Comment

How would a person know that the law has changed if the did not do social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        How would a person know that the law has changed if the did not do social media.
                        They wouldn't and I'm sure some will pay dearly which is unfortunate. Imagine the old farmer who bought a complete pistol package last time he was at the gun shop because it looked like the ultimate truck/tractor gun. Just unreal what's happening in this country.

Comment

what makes a guy with a pistol that wants to seize the opportunity to make it a legal SBR a sheep?

We are talking about a defined law that has been law for a long time (<16" = SBR and needs stamp) where a goofy loophole existed when some dude started calling his stock a brace and now they have closed that loophole and are giving people an opportunity to comply.

Everyone put rifle optics and other rifle accessories on these pistols and expected the ATF to keep calling them pistols? They have been SBRs the whole time and now they are ready to enforce it. Fun while it lasted not having to stamp all of them, but this is not a fight I see us winning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

SBR or pistol?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              what makes a guy with a pistol that wants to seize the opportunity to make it a legal SBR a sheep?

We are talking about a defined law that has been law for a long time (<16" = SBR and needs stamp) where a goofy loophole existed when some dude started calling his stock a brace and now they have closed that loophole and are giving people an opportunity to comply.

Everyone put rifle optics and other rifle accessories on these pistols and expected the ATF to keep calling them pistols? They have been SBRs the whole time and now they are ready to enforce it. Fun while it lasted not having to stamp all of them, but this is not a fight I see us winning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Except they are saying the AR pistols with the buffer tubes are now SBRs. Thats no goofy loophole.

Comment

Just got invited to a Stabilizing Brace Virtual Training on WebEx for FFLs.....lets here some wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                                X