No announcement yet.

ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess this means even just the buffer tube make it a illegal. So anything that is shorter than 16 is a SBR.
    Attached Files

Comment

What about all the stores/dealers with braced gun inventory? Sell them as a form 1 item moving forward?

Comment

Well this is dumb.

Just bought a .300 black out with a sig brace.

Does that mean I won’t be able to carry it across state lines if I were to register it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Well this is dumb.

Just bought a .300 black out with a sig brace.

Does that mean I won’t be able to carry it across state lines if I were to register it?

You can, you just have to fill out a form and send it in first.

Land Of The Free, or something…

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Realistically, how many of you have ever been checked or asked for paperwork. No one knows what they don't know.
            Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            Never. I’ve been pulled over quite a few times by Game Wardens, State Troopers, and Local LEOs with a suppressed SBR sitting in the passenger seat, and none have ever asked for paperwork or questioned the legality at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I could be wrong but I believe only a federal agent can ask for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              I could be wrong but I believe only a federal agent can ask for it.

Anybody can ask. ATF is the only one you legally have to show it to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Bump stock ruling was overturned...
                "Not a **** thing like they have for the past 20 years or so. They probably worked WITH the ATF on this"

And it took the NRA all this time to get it through to the Supreme court!
                You need to get your ducks in a row fella! It takes years for a lot of this $#!t to work its way through the system and obviously, You do not have the guts to see it through. The NRA did!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Sure they are. Here are your options under this rule:

1) Register your gun with the NFA (tax free for your convenience of course).
                  2) Remove and/or destroy that evil short barrel upper assembly.
                  3) Remove and destroy the brace, BUT even the presence of the buffer tube is now constituted as an SBR. So this accomplishes what?
                  4) Destroy the firearm
                  5) Turn in the firearm to the ATF

So you either register your GUN, destroy your GUN or turn in your GUN to the ATF.

So anybody that doesn’t believe this is a gateway to register, destroy or confiscate your GUN is a fool.

Is welding something on the end of the barrel (flash or blast suppressor) to make the complete barrel length 16 inches still not an option?
                  I’m caught up in this mess, don’t care to do anything really.
                  New barrels are a cheap option considering the alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                    "Not a **** thing like they have for the past 20 years or so. They probably worked WITH the ATF on this"

And it took the NRA all this time to get it through to the Supreme court!
                    You need to get your ducks in a row fella! It takes years for a lot of this $#!t to work its way through the system and obviously, You do not have the guts to see it through. The NRA did!
                    Bull ****. The NRA has been garbage for years. They didn’t go to bat on HPA amongst other things. LaPierre is a crook as is half the board.

Comment

All I know is I feel safer now. I'll be able to sleep tonight now that I know those mean pistol braces are off the streets. Unless you've got your proper paperwork of course

Comment

Any noise from the GOP about a LEO agency deciding millions of the GOP's constituents are now felons?

Comment

Sure would like a SBR….

If a person had a few “pistols” what are the cons of making one a SBR during the tax stamp waive.

If the have cans pinned…which is the route….they are still on a list

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                            Sure would like a SBR….

If a person had a few “pistols” what are the cons of making one a SBR during the tax stamp waive.

If the have cans pinned…which is the route….they are still on a list

Keep in mind they have decided having a pistol brace makes you a felon right now at this very moment. They are just "gracious" enough to extend a period where you can "fix it" without being prosecuted. In other words, filing a form 1 during the amnesty period is just giving them a list of people that in their eyes are committing felonies. Their "good grace" could end any time they want it to.

Comment

The way I see it is this: If you don’t sign up for the “amnesty” and you get caught with the now illegal firearm you are SOL. If you own suppressors, they already have given you the a**l exam and know as much about you as your mother knows, (maybe more). Tell me where I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                The way I see it is this: If you don’t sign up for the “amnesty” and you get caught with the now illegal firearm you are SOL. If you own suppressors, they already have given you the a**l exam and know as much about you as your mother knows, (maybe more). Tell me where I’m wrong.
                                And yet people are standing in line to get suppressors...

Comment

Working...
                                X