No announcement yet.

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in far north Texas just outside of Gainesville. There are 3 or 4 neighbors who have deposits down and are being told late 2022 in our area. I’m going to wait and see how it works before I drink that cool-aid.

Comment

How much a month for it

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
        how much a month for it

Comment

$99/month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Anybody using Starlink yet. Just wondering if it's made it into North Texas yet. I'm signed up and hope to get service by the time my house is finished. Just got an update from them but no timeline. Just that they are running behind because of the chip shortage.
            Wait. What??? You are moving to North Tejas?

I know nothing about Starlink.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Heard on the news last week that SpaceX had their first successful launch of 22 out of cape Canaveral earlier in the week and it was 34 new starlink satellites... Maybe that'll get more folks up and operational that have paid deposits... Wonder how long after they are launched before the new satellites are functional and part of the grid??
              As much as they've been testing rocket engines they should have a whole lot more than that. I think there were 3 the week before the freeze and one last night. Shakes my house and I'm 40+ miles away.

Comment

Put my deposit down. Said they will service the area where the property I purchased is by late this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Impatiently waiting in Leon County. We just lost our cell tower after it was bought out...so really need the wifi calling and data.

Comment

I signed up early on, waited almost two years. I have had it almost a year now, regularly seeing 100+mbs download speeds. I'm in western Grayson county.

Comment

I will need to look into this thing they call starlink. Lack of quality internet has been my biggest complaints of moving to a very rural area.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Wait. What??? You are moving to North Tejas?

I know nothing about Starlink.
                        No. I'm not moving.

The satellites being launched started up north. They are gradually making their way down south. Just checking how far south they have made it.

Comment

Is there a coverage map somewhere to see who should have service now? It would be cool to track that to see when I need to buy in for Austin County. Which is way further south then most of yall waiting on it now.

Comment

So far, there are only 2 members here on this page that actually have service. One in Grayson. And one in Wimberley.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              Put my deposit down. Said they will service the area where the property I purchased is by late this year.

Service is signed up for is Mason County

Comment

They just moved our to 2023 here in SW New Mexico. There are several here in the valley that are on the waiting list. We have Viasat now and it is just like the Hughes net from before.

Comment

Working...
                                X