No announcement yet.

Addax bow kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also noticed on some of the larger antelope species they can take several bullet impacts to the chest and keep walking some of them are crazy tough

Comment

dude hit the jets after the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Travissalinas View Post
        dude hit the jets after the shot!
        Haha I know right! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          You should enter him into the Texas Bow Hunting records. Guaranteed to be in the top 2:

Welcome to Texas Bowhunting and Bowfishing Records The Texas Bowhunting and Bowfishing Records (TBBR) were established in 1975 by the Lone Star Bowhunting Association for the purpose of collecting and recording the data of various species of mammals, fish, and fowl, taken by legal and ethical standards within the State of Texas with bow and…

Congrats!
          Probably too late for that since he’s already finished at the Taxi ….

Comment

That’s awesome man congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Ol’red View Post
              That’s awesome man congrats
              Thank u sir

Comment

Great shot! Beautiful animal

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  Great shot! Beautiful animal
                  Turned out good with the white hide

Comment

Dang he brought a whole new meaning to get outta dodge. Never seen one or heard of one for that matter. Beautiful animal and the mount turned out really good.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                      Dang he brought a whole new meaning to get outta dodge. Never seen one or heard of one for that matter. Beautiful animal and the mount turned out really good.
                      :-) thx

Comment

Amazing shot & great video!

Comment

Really nice on all counts, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by HoytEZahn View Post

Probably too late for that since he?s already finished at the Taxi ??.
                            Can they not be scored post-mounting? Don't they keep the skull cap intact? I mean, I don't know the first thing about scoring animals so I may be way off in left field.

Comment

So I asked a friend who's a certified SCI scorer and he says that mounted trophies often can still be scored so you might check with a scorer in your area.

I never wanted an addax before but the more I look at yours...

I better stop.
                              Last edited by donpablo; 09-13-2023, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I finally went on my addax hunt I've been postponing a couple months ago and I was on YouTube searching for Addax bow kills and watched your video there! Was trying to find "tips and tricks" on placement. Which I think is something all bowhunters should do when hunting a new animal. I've shot other oryx species and essentially ended up being the same but still was great finding some video on it! Fantastic footage man!

They are insanely tough animals to bring down. I got lucky and shot a nontypical one! I been told to put him in the books so I'll be applying him soon enough! I wish I had my shot on camera but it was one of those, I didn't charge the battery prior and it died when he came in to range haha!

Congrats again on an awesome animal!!

Comment

Working...
                                X